Tiny white bugs --- Spider Mites?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grower409, Nov 23, 2011.

1. So I acquired some new cuttings from the dispensary this weekend and after putting them in my veg box for two days I have noticed tiny little white bugs crawling on my hygrometer... They are tiny, like little specks of salt. Hell, SMALLER than salt. My first guess is spider mites???

Just wondering if there is anything else they can be? I plan to hit them with some neem and considered adding ladybugs to the box.

Any other suggestions?

2. [​IMG]

you can see the trich's in this pictures... their white/black/red... i'd say spider mites..

increase the CO2 to kill them off, or use hot shot no pest strips... found at home depot and lowes for seven bucks.... I'd double up just to get rid of them... better safe than sorry... i wouldn't wanna smoke them

3. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']

you can see the trich's in this pictures... their white/black/red... i'd say spider mites..

increase the CO2 to kill them off, or use hot shot no pest strips... found at home depot and lowes for seven bucks.... I'd double up just to get rid of them... better safe than sorry... i wouldn't wanna smoke them[/quote]

Thanks TS.

So are you saying the hot shot strips will take care of them on their own? Or should I still use neem? This is my veg box and I have nothing else going at the moment, so at least I have time on my side.

4. Im a fan of the HSNPS... they've worked for me,and for others...others choose neem...

the choice is yours... I've never used neem... never use a bug bomb though... bad news...

hopefully others with a similar problem will chime in

5. I always dip new clones in floramite. As soon as I have a rooted clone I dip it in floramite. Its some really strong stuff, its harmful to ponds and lakes, so no dumping outside. Don't use it on flowering plants, but if you dip every clone you pretty much solve the spider mite problem.

The direction say dip newly rooted cuttings and dip again just before flowering. I used to do the second dip, but I havent seen a mite in so long I just dip once. Its kinda expensive, like 20 bucks a half ounce or 30 for a full ounce. My local grow shop buys in bulk then sells it off in ounce and half ounce viles. Otherwise it would be like 100 bucks for a large bottle. A half ounce lasts many years if your you are doing a closet grow. I highly recommend it.

6. Thanks again for the helpful info. I was reading into HSNPS last night and was wondering if they will be too much for such a small veg cab? They say one strip will treat a room 900-1200 sqft and my veg box is only 2x3x4... I'm sure it will be okay, but reading the product warnings is enough to make me question the usage. Sounds like some really strong stuff!

I think I'm going to give it a shot though. Sounds like they work well.

7. Thank you as well for the great info.