Tiny white bugs please assist (indoor)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ThatDieselSmell, Dec 29, 2010.

1. #1 ThatDieselSmell, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
    Well im about to switch over to flowering, ive been vegging for a long time to get the plants to the largest height i can before i flower, you know try to get as much weight as possible and what not. Anyway im growing 5 gallon buckets there about 3-3.5 feet tall give or take a little some being indica dominant and sativa dominant. mostly Diesel strains and some heavy producing strains. im growing in a soil medium, nothing speical just some earthgro top soil, pretty clay like, also mixed with sand kali style for drainage, watering is once a day 1/6th a gallon of water(im not good with factions) 4000w of L.E.D. panels. for the past month ive been seeing these tiny white bugs crawling on the edge of my buckets, for some reason i feel like i saw some collecting at the fan point on the leaves but i think it might have been mildew. There on every plant bucket and very few on the plant it self. Tried no pest strips but i started to wither one of my girls so took them out. There not aphids, way smaller i believe (from pictures of aphids ive seen) nor are they mealy, because there smaller then that too. if anyone can help me out id be great i really need this medicine finish out! Thanks Peace and Jah bless

Attached Files:

2. *bump anybody?

3. could b e fungus gnat larva. slap the pot and see if any tiny bugs fly out

4. i believe theyre spider mites but not entirely sure how to get rid of them however i know that there are ton of threads out for this issue

5. get some neem oil

its from a tree and u can find it on ebay.

you can also use watered down dishsoap or red dried chili pepers and dilute it with water.
    bugs dont like spicey stuff

spray lightly

try not to water your plants every day either.once every 3 days, just feed them alot when you do, then allow the soil to dry for the next few days and repeat..

should get you going in the right direction.

6. #8 cocowheats, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
    SCREW NEEM OIL

THEY ARE THRIPS BRO(but....your pics suck...i know...they are tiny...1mm long)...they dont really fly either...jump like fleas more or less but they could fly....they make white shinyish spots on leaves...they suck the the leaves, not eat them....Usually the lower leaves will look wilted or browning...they can make your leaves droop as if they need water...can make your leaves brown...they multiply like mf'ers to.....and can leave black poop on leaves thats no bigger than them(literally poop)

Screw using neem oil....once again....F NEEM OIL....use AzaMAX(i use the general hydroponics one)...Azawhatever is in neem oil and this is the "good shit" in it...so AzaMAX is it super concentraited....works WAAAAAYYYY better...

Use it as a foliar spray....top and bottom of leaves...and flush with it immediatly in your soil/soiless mix if your not hydro(they can burrowish so gotta hit the soil)....You can use this all the way through flower...its based from neem oil.

THEY ARE NOT SPIDERMITES....YOU CAN NOT SEE SPIDERMITES...not with the naked eye....spidermites will eat holes in the plant also, so it would be obvious with the amount you have...and the spidermites i've seen are/have been black

THEY ARE PROBABLY THRIPS(from what i can see....)...THRIPS ARE APHIDS....AzaMAX kills aphids(including thrips), and spidermites...it will clean you up......be ready for them to come back to!(hard to keep gone)

I'd recommend letting ladybugs go to town on your plants....they are natural pesticide...do some reading and you'll see ladybugs can't hurt, only help...and they are cheap(i paid $12 for 1500 the other day...It's winter here so they arent in season either)...you can store them in the fridge too!

Good luck...LMK if you have anymore ques/probs....I've dealt with this....it's not fun/cool...it is a serious problem too, they can virus your plants making your crop unconsumable...which is even crappier than dead plants.

7. I agree with the above. Azamax is the way to go. It's not cheap but it works great. I dump it right into my res. I battled aphids for a long time until I tried this stuff. Curious, what ratio do you mix for foliar application ?

8. Check the underside of the lower leaves, make sure you look for tiny holes with tiny black dots left on the underside of the leaf.

9. I believe the bottle I have(general hydroponics brand) says to use 1Tablespoon/1Gal....I mix a gal up and spray the girls then run it through the sunshine #4 i use w/RO water.....usually have a 1/4-1/2 a gal left for later in the week.

If you use ladybugs, or are going to...make sure you apply the azamax 2-5days ahead of letting them go....it can kill them.

10. hey i got these bastards to.. thrps, was wondering if i should use the aza 6 weeks in flowering... and if so how strong a spray...i got the aza here. and ready to go to work on these fucks.. any advice much appreciated! thnx

11. #13 cocowheats, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
    Please watch dates on threads...this is months old...but since this has been common question for me and I'm nice....http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/725235-quickest-thrip-kill-ladybugs-w-azamax-ques.html..read the bottom where I explain what I used...

Aside from that, read the labels...some will be ok, some not...aza is suppose to be ok upto day of harvest but most won't recommend using up till then...honestly, aza at 6wks is a mistake...wont do enough in time, read up on what it actually does. Its not an on contact killer.

Pythrin bombs(doc doom) and/or capt jacks(think its ok,read label,works well) foliared and spinosad flushed through the soil(gotta go ground up) would be my choice...dont reuse the soil after this run either...

Gl

12. yea. i just caught the reply . oh well . i only sprayed them at a teaspoon to a 32 oz bottle. so im hoping that wasnt enough to taint the buds.. did a reallllyyyyy light top soil spray down with the solution too ... at least hoping to slow them down a lil bit . but thnx for the info///// stilll very helpful. cheers

13. #15 cocowheats, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    Piss load of diamatricus(sp?) earth at the stem's base will keep them from making their way up, if slowing them is your only concern.....only use food grade, otherwise it came from a roach killer factory(commonly).

Lets let this thread die again now....Freakbro1 has a stickied thread with plenty of info as do others...

Gl.

Oh, and you're welcome!:D