Tiny spots on leaves?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Supremosteve, Dec 21, 2014.

1. What are these strange spots of leaves from? She's 5weeks into veg , ph 5.9 ppm 208. I haven't sprayed her at all. I'm using cal mag. Maybe when changed Rez the other day it was shocked from a higher nutrient feeding? Hmmm

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419130840.224827.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. High calcium.

3. wow, 150 looks and 1 reply!!! this site is turning into more of a place to talk about pipes and girlfriends, than a grow site, lol. so you're in a rez, and your ppm is 208??? i'd say they could prob. use more feed. at week 2 i'm at a higher ppm than that. i'm surprised you're not having more problems...

4. Week two I tried a 100 ppm and got nute burn, she won't take a lot or else she'll get burnt again. Day before the 208 ppm reading she had a reading of 220. So she's still taking in more water then nutes still!

5. #5 bizie, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    If your roots are healthy then the plant will adjust. At this size she looks like she would benefit from a half dose of nutes of only the base until you see a improvement. After that, add only water until you see improvement. Loose the calmag. The calmag additive isn't needed. No additives are needed, only a base. Figure out how to run a full dose of only your base before you use additives. If seeing calmag issues of some other deficiency at a full dose then you can experiment with a additive. If your not at a full dose of nutes then you shouldn't be using any additive because you haven't given the plant the chance to receive the nutes in a proper RATIO. The additives do nothing but throw off your ratios and make it more difficult for the plant to have the much needed COMPLETE diet. The complete diet is in any good BASE nutrient. Manage the base properly before you use any additives, this goes for everyone.

Additives throw off your mineral ratios and lock up nutrients. I can't make it any more clear.

6. #6 GrowBot, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    well, i gotta tell ya, i've never heard of anyone using a rez and had ppm that low. you may not have seen nute burn. you may have seen the plant responding to a different def. as the nute level rose. as the ppm goes up and certain needs are met, and others not, the leaves will display quite a few diff. changes much like a chameleon lol. i really think a higher ppm is needed. go slowly and check it out. when was the last time you calibrated your ph meter, ya never know...

7. It looks like a calcium or magnesium deficiency to me

8. Ur only using calmag?? With no nutes??