Tiny Bugs Stuck In Pipe - How To Dissolve

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by McBeardyFace, Dec 13, 2018.

1. If they won't be moved then they must be at least partly embedded into the glass when it was molten.

Lye is your best bet now. If parts of the bugs are exposed so the stuff can contact them it'll eat until as much is gone as will go. Might be some little bits left in the glass but it'll look like dirt contaminating the glass a bit. Much less gross. lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. You can use straight hydrochloric acid on glass. But it will fade labels off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have to watch this thread until the resolution lol :popcorn::wave: maybe they were glued in idk hahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Try putting other bugs in there to eat those bugs

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. There's always a bigger creature...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lol correct! :hola:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #27 GreatGrammy, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Try a long metal skewer and see if you can even pick them apart

Lye??? :eek2:that stuff will kill you. You might get the bugs out but if that stuff gets in the glass and in your lungs you may wish you kept the bugs! :poke:

8. Lemon juice is stonger so is vinegar acid wise.
    Vinegar is a great cleaning product.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. They are for sure loose and float when the coke was in there. Going to order lye by monday and see where thatll get me

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Oh pea is a troll.

I'd love to hang with some people from here so I can get a good laugh.

Oh pea is a cherry.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Quite often drug stores sell small containers of lye. All Drano is, is caustic soda with little chips of aluminum in it to make it fizz so you could use that in a pinch. The fizzing action may even help to clean that out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I'll call around!

13. Just use ethanol. Let it soak.

14. So what? Leave the bugs in there.

Part of the piece. No extra charge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. blow torch
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Napalm.....

• Like Like x 1
  17. you've eaten worse at a cookout or camping....just use it and let the bugs perc in the chamber with the water

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sorry for the delay everyone! I found a small bottle of lye at Ace Hardware for about $5. Sprinkled some in and just added the water. Ill update later today on progress. These are all taken about 30 min ago. bugs2.jpg lye.jpg lyeinpipe.jpg

19. I let that soak for 24 hrs and they appeared the same. I drained and rinsed the pipe and set it in a corner. This am the bugs looked almost half melted. I put another round of lye in and shook the crap outta it and theyr'e starting to fall apart and work they're way out!

• Winner Winner x 1