Tiny Bugs Stuck In Pipe - How To Dissolve

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by McBeardyFace, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I'll upload a picture within the day of the actual pipe.
    Here's my issue. I bought a pipe from a local shop at a huge discount due to it having about 6 tiny bugs somehow being inside the glass. They look like wasps but the size of ants and black. They cannot be shook out, the pipe has a perk and 3 layers of what looks like honey comb. They are inside the very bottom chamber and cannot be shook back through the perk.
    I'm currenlty letting Coke sit inside but I do not have high confidence in this method. I've considerd using lye but do no want to use such a harsh chemical.
    What could i put in there to help dissolve these bugs?? Tried shaking boiling water and salt to no avail.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I like the coke idea.... Should kill just about anything and probably dissolve the little fcukers too! I would expect you will need to leave it for 24 hours or so though.... Unsure if this would effect the quality of your pipe though bro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Its been about 20 hoursand i can still see them. at 48 hrs im gonna drain and use another can and refill. Once done im sure the honeycombs will be plugged a tad but ill give it alot of hot water. It will mainly be sugar residue at that point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Yeah, it will take a little time but i'd be surprised if they are still visible after 48 hrs or so... ! I mean police use coke to clean blood off streets after motor collisions and many other hard to clean substances... The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It’s pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
    Read this bro
    FACT CHECK: Coca-Cola Acids

• Like Like x 2
  5. I use it on sinks, toilets and tubs all the time! Office coffee pot gross? Little bit of coke and its like new lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Use caustic soda/lye on it. Best stuff to clean glass with and works great in a stainless steel thermos too.

Rinses out clean and what murderers use to dispose of bodies so little fly bodies should be gone in no time.

Unless they are embedded in the glass where nothing will get rid of them short of a laser. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. How sure are you of the residue being able to be rinsed out?

8. I could check the msds I suppose

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm a chemist so believe me when I say it rinses out clean. I've been using it to clean my thermos for decades after I found out bleach rots out the silver solder used in Aladdin thermos' and destroyed a 2L one.

It's not toxic so your only concern is getting it on your skin where it will burn you pretty bad. I soak my water pipe in a mason jar with a heaping Tbsp in a full 1L jar. Any hard residue left in the bowl wipes out easily with a Q-Tip. A tsp in some hot water should be plenty to get rid of a few bugs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. The Walter white of cannabis

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. #11 Lemuel001, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Why would you buy a pipe, bong or whatever smoking device that has bugs in it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. at this point i gotta see pics... just gotta see these little buggers

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Bake or torch it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Hydrochloric acid

15. Drop a few drops of olive oil, make em slide, they have to break down to slide out. Shake the hell out of it every few. Should help mangle them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. I dunno. If they're actually embedded in the glass, I think that's kinda cool! Especially when someone is toking who you don't want toking because they're too baked or they're being a dick/bogart/whatever. Wait until they're toking and shout, "SHIT! THERE'S BUGS IN THE PIPE. I THINK I JUST SAW ONE MOVE!" Then take the pipe, light up while they're busy coughing and say, 'Oh, they're embedded in the glass. Nevermind!' :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. This is after 2 days of being soaked in coke. I think im gonna try the lye next week.

Attached Files:

18. Because im cheap and always love a good challange.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fuck that shit

Trash it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. I think it looks pretty cool with the bugs in it. If anyone asks, tell 'em your stash is so good it knocks bugs out of midair. lol

• Funny Funny x 3