tiny black spots. any ideas?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TrichomeHippie, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Growing 2 kush plants (not sure what kind). They're just over 2 weeks into flowering and doing great as far as I can tell, however, I have a few leaves that had a moderate case of rusting, which I've fixed by flushing to get the pH back down after the dreaded 4 week spike to get nute intake back to normal, and I also had to start buying reverse osmosis water, because the spike was initially caused by water with a ppm over 100, which i didn't know before :X The buds are forming beautifully, with massive trichomes out the yingyang, but the fan leaves are worrying me.

Now, on these fan leaves, which are those on the bottom 3 nodes, I'm getting these tiny black spots that don't even show up in the pics I took, so unfortunately I can't provide any pictures to look at. They seem to be clustering in and around the rust spots. Any ideas what these may indicate?

2. Magnesium defficiencly? Mould? Pests?

3. spider mites possibly, look for small holes in the leaves or little webs

4. shit eh... yeah i found like 3 or 4 rly tiny holes in some of the leaves.

5. no webs though.

6. I just went through my plants really carefully and found quite a few small holes in the leaves. Little silverish/yellow dots on some of the leaves. And of course the tiny black dots. I looked at them under my magnifying glass, and I still can't realy make out what they are, they just look like little specs, about the size of a needle tip.

If it is spider mites, how can I eliminate them without making the plants poisonous to smoke? I'm guessing they still have another 4 weeks to go before harvest. Man I wish I had one of the uni's microscopes here. I'd have this identified in no time!

7. Fuck, srry that i keep reposting, but i found it. A very small little afid or something. Looks almost like a little white/green worm, but it has legs, maybe six, I couldn't look at it in enough detail to tell. What do u think it is?

8. If you got mites - get some of these - Phytoseiulus persimilis

Cost about $10 per pound at the hydro store.

Put a few of these boys at the base of the plant as guards and a few up on the leaves.

Now you know what the commercial greenhouses use to control mites.

Beauty of it is, when all of the bad mites are gone, these guys just die off and disappear.

9. yeah i read about them. I'm gona check if I can find any in this area. seems like a long shot, but i'm gona try