Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tinture oil flavoring ?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Headhunterpipes, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Making some alcohol based tincture oil .
    I am not really into alcohol , 190 proof Ever Clear tastes terrible .

I have some Maraschino cherries, thinking of putting some in the tincture oil after shifting the weed out.
    The tincture oil is for a burn victim who cannot smoke , idea is to put drops of oil in here coffee or under the tongue .
    Don't think cherry flavored coffee is the answer ,, just don't know what else to use to cover or mask the alcohol taste ?

Has anyone done this ?
    PS first time making tincture oil too.

2. I have added Amaretto to my tincture, then reduced the volume with heat. The reduction of the Amaretto thickens it and taste syrup like.

A few drops of 190 in coffee or a soft drink is negligible, compared to drinking it straight.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sounds like a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Weed soaked-rinsed in 190 proof = tincture
    Weed cooked in a food grade oil = Canna oil

Both versions have an intense taste and you'll need an equally strong flvoring to even attempt to cover-mask the taste.
    Lorann candy flavorings are the most widely found
    [​IMG]

However there are many companies with better flavors but most are online only where as Lorann can be found in many Cake specialty shops and Michael's as well.

If the high proof burn is to much mix with a shot glass of water and swish as long as possible.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

[​IMG]

My own tincture works before I reduce to RSO.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Thank you everyone very much , I will contact the lady who was burned and see what flavor might work the best for her.
    I used my trimmings from Amnesia Haze , Train Wreck, Blue Dream. Plus tossed in about 3 handfuls of Blue Dream Buds and some train wreck keif .
    I am really hopping that the tincture oil/alcohol will come out extremely potent.
    I have been soaking the weed in the alcohol for about 5 days now , I plan on soaking it for another week .
    Also been adding some more weed to the jar ,, I want as potent as I can get .
    an see the green oily tint to the alcohol ..
    I plan on venting the jar after filtering to reduce the alcohol content .

6. The alcohol does it's work of stripping the cannabinoids out of the trichomes in the first 10 seconds of contact.
    All the longer soak gets you is a ton more waxes and chlorophyll.
    While some claim the longer soaks are better for some medicinal uses my own studies showed no gain for the long soaks.
    Just my two cents. Your own experimentation is always the best source of information.
    I tend to make small sample batches both ways and let the patient decide what version works best for their personal issues.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. /
    What about the CBD , does the alcohol get the CBD oil out of the trim/buds in ten seconds ?
    Thank you

8. Yes, All the Cannabinoids are created and stored in the trichomes. Same processes work whether the plant is high in CBD or THC.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. I believe you …
    Straight up I bought several books om making several products , tincture oil is one of them ..
    Its the same with the MJ grow books.
    In this case all the books said let the weed soak for a week or so .

I was a professional in my field , I read the books and went step by step ,procedure that was followed to the letter .
    Seems those rules do not apply when the topic is Cannabis and its extracts .