tincture e cig experiment

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by euphorianx3, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Well my first attempt at making an e-cig tincture came out extremely weak, i just had a light bulb pop up over my head. 

So I use the bud jars I get from the dispensary for making qwiso, they are nice for making small sample batches of it...

I took about 0.5g of some good bud, ground it up and loaded into a coffee filter, put the coffee filter through the cut-off top of a water bottle and pushed it through so the bottle opening had a 'nipple'.  then I poured about 5ml of isopropyl alcohol into the nipple and through the ground up buds.  I then use another jar so I can repeat this with the same 5ml of alcohol over and over.  When I am satisfied with the cloudiness, and color of the mixture I add in 1ml of glycerine.  I assume some of the glycerin may evaporate and I may need to add a little more.   I will have to stir the mixture constantly and keep it on one edge of the jar.  When it is ready I have a syringe to suck it out.

So, if you read that and understood it you probably know what I'm gonna try to do.
    Isopropyl evaporates faster than glycerin, so my pre-evaporated qwiso should convert into a 'sample' of e-cig juice if I add a tiny bit of glyecerine too it and throw it in a crock pot...   Now I didnt decarb the weed first but I assume I can just keep heat on the tincture for 24 hours and it will be decarbed by then.   If not then then the e-cig coil will that effectively vaporize the THC, CBD, of my mixture?  

2. Ok, so far it seems the VG reduces the evaporation rate of the ISO... I'll report back in a couple hours and keep stirrin it...

3. #3 euphorianx3, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    ISO evaporating steadilly now.  More stirring required.  The mixture looks crazy potent so far.  I know it is only from 0.5g of weed, but, the entire batch consumed sublingually would probably cause a very strong high.  

4. intrested on how this works out for you keep us updated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 euphorianx3, Oct 12, 2014
    ISO levels may be almost gone.I tried to smell the iso and I couldnt.  How do I know when it's all gone?

Edit: Can still smell it after vigorous stirring.

6. #6 euphorianx3, Oct 12, 2014
    I have less than1ml of liquid left.   
    Hmm, I am going to put it in the crock for 1 hour about and then going to load it into my tank and see what happens.
    The mixture is kinda sticky.  WillI need to add more VG liquid? It sticks to my little knife I was stirring with.

7. #7 euphorianx3, Oct 12, 2014
    Ok.. I'm not gonna wait the hour.. Just gonna try it now.. hope I dont die LOL.  

Ok. Took 1 small hit 1 medium hit and gonna go have a cig and wait a few mins. will report.

T: 00:04 - Feeling effects already.  Feeling effects on my mind and my body.  Curious to take more, I take another 2 medium hits from the glycerin tincture.

T: 00:13 - If you take a large hit, it is harsh, but I guess that is normal with e-juice.   It's a different kind of high than smoking, is this because I did not do a predecarb? Is there a way to decarb it after it's been extracted into glycerine?

T: 30:00 - Still have the same 'different' high.  I can't increase the level of the high by smoking more of the juice.   Hmm.

But ANYWAYS. It is still not strong enough as smoking herbs. I  wonder if it is even possible? Or is this as potent as e-juice can get?

8. #8 euphorianx3, Oct 12, 2014
    Going to try the mix sublingually so this experiment is over.  I will report on the results of the sublingual tinc made from strong iso.

T + 00:10 : The 0.6ml of tincture was held in the mouth for 10 mins and swallowed.