Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tincture CBD?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MarijuanaMinute, Jan 13, 2012.

1. i used to smoke all day everyday. then i got major chest surgery (4 months ago) and haven't smoked since then. i did eat an edible though maybe 2 weeks after my surgery and it was a 'bad trip'. rather than taking away my pain, or making me not think about it like i thought it would, it did the complete opposite and made me focus on my pain and yeah...i ended up sleeping it off. anyways, i haven't smoke weed and don't plan to until 1-2 months after my pain is completely gone because honestly i'm scared of what would happen.

i saw this show called weed wars and it showed several patients that were getting high CBD strains for their pains. there was one patient in particular whose son was suffering from seizures and he bought tinctures from the dispensary and it seemed to cure his son. my question is has anyone used this before? or smoked high CBD strains for pain? (not to get high.) i have pills that i take, but i try not to take them unless i'm reallllllly hurting. i always have pain and discomfort though, from the time i wake up to the time i go to sleep. any type of input would be much appreciated. thanks.

2. The main problem you're going to run into after surgery is the vasodilation causing a sort of throbbing pain in your surgery site-this will be worse if you have anything constrictive like staples or stitches.

Have you tried weed tea? Now that your tolerance is reduced, a bit of weed tea may be as much as you need, and you can adjust your intake for best results by sipping it very slowly.

3. nah i haven't. i'll give it a try if i stumble upon some. i can't make my own due to my living situation.

anyone else?

4. I have no clue man. I mean, I have heard that high CBD is best for pain. Thats if you have access to a place that measures for that.

Another natural pain remedy I know of is cayenne pepper. Unless you have zero tolerance for spicy stuff, take a teaspoon of the cayenne pepper powder and stir it into some hot water then drink. I'd be really interested to know if you try this and how it works. Here's a little info on that: "The active ingredient in cayenne peppers, capsaicin, is believed to bring headache relief by depleting Substance P, a neurotransmitter that helps send pain signals."

Curing With Cayenne - Amazing healing power of cayenne pepper

5. ^^^ i second the cayenne/capsaicin.

also, i use high CBD strains and make oils and tinctures out them myself. they work great for pain.

6. Hmm I just watched a video about herbal tinctures. Do you make them with anything besides cannabis?