Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tincture Butter? Need Some Advice And Opinions.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mje3ny, Sep 12, 2014.

1. So I had a VG tincture that I made. Wasn't really a big fan of it so i just decided to try something and make some butter with it. I just hardened it and it looks like the glycerin hardened with the water underneath the butter. my question is do you think if i put the water plus butter in the mix and made my brownies do you think it would work or should i just use the butter? any thoughts?

What were you trying to do, infuse the butter with glycerin? And using water to do it? You should have just mixed the butter and the VG and used it like that. Now you should put your butter and water and glycerin mix in a double boiler or hot water wash on low heat and evaporate off the water. The glycerin will fuse with the butter but you don't want to leave the water in it to mess up the brownie texture. You're not able to do a solvent transfer with glycerin. Glycerin is used in lots of foods, including brownies. I add VG tincture to my brownies and cookies all the time.  If you have the same amount of water or less than the mix calls for, just figure the water into the overall ingredients.  :)