Tin Foil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Greydayz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Im wondering is tin foil is worth putting on the walls if done without any crinkles?

2. There are alot of views on this subject.

Mine is :)

If its CFL's go for it. Any type of HID I would not suggest it. People will argue the reasons both sides forever. The main arguments are hotspots and its reflectivity.
    I dont believe you get hotspots using foil with CFLs but you will with HID. and its reflectivity may not be the best but when its all you have, its better than nothing.

3. not advisable cos it creates hot spots and in worse case like heat lasers than ca burn holes straight the leaves!!

:smoke:

4. Its not reflective....white paint wins for mega cheap

5. if youre going to use it make sure you use the smooth side not the shiny side.

6. i did get a few holes on some leaves because there was some crinkles. So down comes the foil. Thanks for the advice. Im wondering what would be the best, just the white paint, or tin foil, or a real reflector stand up walls, or would it be good if i put mirrors surrounding the plant? Id think mirrors would be the best over anything .

7. Mirrors are not ideal reflectors because they don't diffuse the spectrum the same way that mylar or white walls will. Something about specular reflectivity....mirrors will create hotspots worse than foil will - at least that is what I've been told.

8. Mylar or white paint or white plastic is the way to roll. Its absorbs the heat the lumens produce from the lamps and spreads the proper spectrum to the plants. Mirrors and foil and other highly reflective materials actually reflect the lumens back at the plants with no heat absorbed before hand. This makes burn spots and your room way warmer. Also diamond fusion works well. It absorbs more heat than most white plastics availiable

9. it is reflective. 60-70 %. white paint is 85-90.

make sure u use the dull side

10. Go paint. Best bang for the buck. Make sure its a flat paint. Andmirrorsdon't reflect light they absorb it.