Timing your feeding! :)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jetdrawnz, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Hey guys and gals. Introducing the res and drip system which will recirculate, I've been hand feeding up until now. How often and how long should it be fed? Feeding during night time? I read something about feeding just before lights on also. Thanks! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. im in clay pebbles and i run 24/7 great results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I run same setup... I leave the pump going 24/7. The roots will grow down into the tank as it gets bigger, so it's going to be in water 24/7 at some point anyway.

4. Sounds good, should I worry about how many gallons/litres per hour I pump? So the roots can aerate a little? Thanks

5. I offset the drip ring so that there was no water directly dripping onto the roots/rock wool. I found that the rock wool seemed to draw in moisture from the surrounding clay pebbles. As the plant got bigger I moved the drip ring so that it drips directly on the roots. Not sure if that helps, but it worked for me.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Helps plenty. Thanks mate

7. How do you guys keep your res ph level? I find mine will hop up a whole ph level from 5.6-6.8 in under 24 hours. Or should I always just be on top of it and keep it down when I can? Thanks

8. I check mine after lights on, and before lights out, but usually only add water/change PH at lights on. (Stays ok during the day, but would change if needed before lights out) I like to see drift in PH. I aim for 5.8 when I adjust. I hope this helps

9. Broader question, growth isn't that fast and wondering if I should drop my ppm as it rose 200ish from 560 to 700-840 :/