Timetrial and Kayakbubbler's Summer Quest

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by kayakbubbler, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Quest for free pot that is :D When we first started our grow, we were'nt very organized and were piecing things together as we went. Roughly our start date was mid April, but do to insufficient light, space, and other things the plants got off to a really slow start. As this is our first grow, we're using bagseed. It wasn't until the 15th of May that we got our new light and I got my new room with huge walk in closet. So, let's begin...

The set-up is pretty basic:

Room
    -Sectioned off portion of closet approx. measuring 4ft by 4ft

Lights
    -250 watt HPS
    -2 30 watt CFL's for surround lighting

Soil & Fertilizer
    -MG Organic
    -Vegged with a 24-8-5 solution
    -Flowering with a 10-30-10 water soluable solution

Circulation & Air
    - One desktop fan blowing across the tops and cooling the bulb
    - One 36in. oscillating tower fan

I'm sure that I'm forgetting a few things, but ya'll can ask if you have any questions. Let's start with the old pictures and I'll fill ya in as needed.

1st Picture-- May 19th
    This is just after we transplanted into the 5 gallon bucket and moved everything into the new grow room. You can clearly see the discoloration in the leaves resulting from our piss poor soil that we initially used. I call her Rosemary:hello:

2nd Picture-- May 28th
    9 days later and LST is well on it's way. At this stage it was very healthy and green.

3rd Picture-- June 9th
    This is why I love LST. The growth really took off and I felt like I could see it growing. By this time I think we had 9 tops or so.

Attached Files:

2. looking good :) keep up the great work :p

about how old is the plant?

3. Very nice, I'd like to see some pics of the whole setup if you can.

Yeah the soil seems to play a big past early on in the plants life, I think i've made that same mistake, and thinking of repotting this afternoon.

Good luck with it all:smoking:

4. About this time, mid June, we had a couple of runts die and were left with 4 plants. On the 15th of June we switched it to 12/12. When we switched her she had 15 tops, two of which are almost as large as the main top.

1st Picture-- June 26th-- Flowering Day 6
    I really liked how this picture turned out and hope to recreate more of these for future bud shots.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th Picture-- July 5th-- Flowering Day 15
    The 2nd picture is a close up of one of the bigger buds, it's really started to get hairy in the past few days. The 3rd picture is just a broad shot of a couple of the tops. You can see more of the tops in the background:DThe 4th is just an overhead shot showing all the buds.

Well, this brings us up to date as of now. Now that I've started it I'll keep it updated regularly and hopefully ya'll will enjoy following it to the end. Periodically I'll throw in some pics of the other two ladies I have, but they're no where near as big as Ms. Rosemary. I'm looking forward to hearing from yall and blaze on :smoking:

Attached Files:

5. Lookin Good! Seems like our grows are on the same schedule. Our grow started with Cfl's and got upgraded to a 400w HPS, whoo does that make a difference! Good luck with the grow and ill stop in from time to time!

6. Cody3, like i said, it got a slow start so Veg. time was about 2 months, so she's sitting at about 3 months right now.

Homergrower, I'll get some pics of the set-up tomorrow when the lights come back on. Some of it's nice, other parts are gettofied :)

7. very nice indeed! +rep ;)

8. Earlier today before work I made up two CO2 bottles per InfiniteAwesome's instructions and have them sitting behind the fan blowing above my plants. Hopefully they'll help the warm temps be more manageable and increase growth a bit.

9. Flowering Day 16

Upon request here's some pictures of our growing area. To the left of the plants we have a little stand that we use to keep the CFL's on. Then there is a shelf above everything that we keep all the ferts, soil, pH tester, and water. Off to the right of the plants we've got another little table thingy with the desk fan the blows on the light and distributes the CO2 from those 2 bottles. This morning when I went in there the room had a distinctly different smell about it, so I guess they're doing something. That big cardboard thingy has Mylar on the inside of it and is kind of like our portable divider.

The first plant picture is a plant that we grew from seed under the new light, her name is Delilah. The pot she's in is pretty small so I know the yield won't be great, but all of our concentration was on make Rosemary big and fat.

The other plant was one of our runts that we started with Rosemary. She def. got stunted from lack of pot size, but again, our attention was on the big plant. Anyways, we owe about a 1/4 oz. to some friends cause they chipped in some money, so they'll probably be getting the better half of these two plants.

I watered everything today and used 1/2 a tspn of flowering nutes and about 1/4 tspn of the veg nutes in a 2 litre bottle. I think Rosemary got a little less than a litre and the other two got about a 1/4 each, just enough for water to come out the bottom.

Attached Files:

10. I've got a question. One one of the smaller plants the top leaves are starting to curl downwards a little bit. Would this be from under or over watering. Here's a picture. Also, from anybody with growing experience when your plants are about the size of my biggest one, how much ferts are ya'll giving it per feeding? I'm trying to figure out whether or not we need to increase the fertilizer intake. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

11. Just a quick update:

The three ladies are all still doing fine. I think Delilah was a little underwatered b/c her leaves have started to perk back up. I'm starting to wish the grow wasn't happening in my closet b/c I'm literally checking it every couple of hours. My roommate has the benefit of living downstairs so he only see the plants every other day or so, which gives him the benefit of being surprised everytime he sees them. Oh well, i get to smell them while i sleep :hello: Anyways, let me know what ya'll think and if they seem the right size for the first 3 weeks of flowering. Here's the pictures.

Attached Files:

12. Not too much new to report. I gave them another feeding today and increased the ferts since they haven't had any problems with the previous amounts. I screwed up the count on how many days it's been flowering; I absent mindedly started counting from when we switched the lights, but it was on the 20th of June that we first saw the hairs, so she's on Day 19 right now. Has anybody made any guesses at how much she might yield? I'm hoping for at least an ounce. Ya'll think this is reasonable?

13. the bucket in the middle is one desil bucket lol ill show my whole setup tomorrow and damn you got some nice plans man keep up the good work they are lookin gooooood hope the flowerin goes swell

14. the curling of the leaves on that one plant could be a Ph. problem. nice plants so far:hello:

15. The pH of the soil has always been about 6.9 in all the plants. That was the first time the leaves started to curl like that. Also, after I gave them water they began to perk back up. They did the same thing this morning. I'll get some more pictures up tomorrow and the day after and show the progress.

16. i had the same problem with a superthai x skunk in late flower i just let it go didnt do anything with it but id look more in depth for your plant dont want them to be unhealthy before the switch. cheers.

17. Would our 5-30-5 ferts be fine to give to the plant every feeding or should we give it a pure water feed every once in a while? The last three times it's been watered we've given it nutes and it seems fine so far, so should I keep doing the same? Here's a quick shot of the runt that we had. I think her bud is forming a little faster than the big plant simply b/c she is small and only really has that main cola.

Attached Files:

18. looks good big guy you gotta post pics of the bud !!! cant wait to see it keep up the work

19. Flowering Day 21

Alright, so it's been 4 days since ya'll last saw Rosemary, our big plant. She's still trucking along not, too much new to report. I think she's looking pretty good if I say so myself. I bought a Temperature/Humidity reader and found out our humidity peaks at about 40% and hits a low of 34% or so, so I think these levels should be fine for flowering. However, the max temperature (when we have the closet closed for several hrs.) gets up into the upper 90's. The good thing is is that I haven't seen any problems caused by this yet. We've got those 2 fans that pretty much blow on the plants 24/7 so I think they'll be fine. Dierwolf, if you've been reading this, is this about when you clip the top of the bud off to fatten it up, or would you wait longer. Anyways, enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

20. My temp gets to be about 92 during the on hours, Ive got my temp stick close to my light tho to get good readings and my plants seem to be doing well. If its been 90 since the beginning then your plants have a high tolerance to temperature. Thast what mine have been trained to do