Times when you felt like "man, I'm growing up..."

Discussion in 'General' started by Stevie Ray Bong, Apr 22, 2010.

1. i remember a year and a half ago. my girlfriend was laying in this bed and she was all hot and sweaty and breathing hard. and im like hells yeah.

and then i pulled out of that sick fantasy and i realized she was having our child and im like oh shit im a grown ass man now.

that was a trip and a half

2. I feel the same way, dude. I regret the hell out of my college choice, but i have to accept it.

Also, now that I'm 21, good memories from my childhood or anything else that is special to me makes me tear up. I can't appreciate it without being sad.

3. I felt somewhat grown up when I realized I was 40k in debt and if I didn't get my shit together I would be homeless.

I'm still a fucking kid though. I get scared when elders tell me time only speeds up as you age. :cool:

4. that is a quality post if I have ever read one.

As I get older, no matter what happens to me, no matter what I accomplish, I feel this emptiness deep inside me, like my spirit is not truly free.

When I think back to my childhood I am flooded with joyous emotion... life was so simple... I was so happy. When I think of the good ole days I get this feeling in my heart, the best feeling of all, better than sex or drugs- just this indescribable amazing feeling.

If only the feeling was produced by my present life, and not by memories.

5. hahaha funny story. The first time I jerked off was a total accident. I was in the shower and had a detachable shower head that had the pulsating streams right. So any way I had this random thought in my head to just aim the shower head towards my penis(i swear intiially there were NO sexual thoughts, how could there be i didn't know what sex was hahhaah) so after about 30 seconds of it on my cock I realized it felt really good(this was before puberty so when I "came" nothing came out, don't know why I felt like sharing this little fact LOL). Ever since then the highlight of my day was "shower time" ohhhh yeaaaa!

The funny thing is, after I hit puberty I tried the "shower routine" again and it didn't work. It's like im not as sensitive any more I need actually physcial touching hahahahah

6. A year ago I was at the corner store buying beer and the bagboy who was 16 called me sir and I was like "WHAT THE FUCK" "I'm a fucking grown-up now?" I was really stoned and I went out and sat in my car and was like, "Holy shit I'm getting old.."

Also, two things school related. The first was when I graduated and realized that I wasn't going to have to go to school tomorrow. And when this break was over I never had to go to school again ever if I wanted. The second was when my summer break after senior year and august came and went and I didn't have to go to school. It was just mind-blowing after over a decade of that being instilled in your head.

7. actually, ive never felt like that....

8. When my boss told me he was sick and that I would be taking full responsibility for our projects. He entrusted me with highly scheduled drugs, lots of expensive equipment, and the management of our whole lab. It's been a lot of work being responsible for all this stuff, but it really feels good that I can do it, and that he trusted me to be in charge.

9. When I realized that I'm leaving the bedroom I've always had, leaving my parents' house, and moving on to college. Senior year of high school has flown by, and since I turned 18 I've been hit with a feeling every day that right now I'm living out the end of my childhood.

I try to enjoy it to make it worth it, but weeks go by with the speed that days used to...

10. bump for nostalgia/remorse

Good thread, +rep to OP

11. Don't you hate that? I hate that.

I hate that college has gone by so quickly. It's been almost 5 YEARS since I was in high school. Where did all that the time go, you know?

And I always feel like an old person whenever I look at younger generations and think how WEIRD their lives are, and how fast they're all growing up. I find myself saying things about life like, "well I guess my opinions are more traditional than yours," and then I think for a second, "WTF, where did that come from? How OLD am I where I need to justify my thoughts on the basis of AGE??"

It's terrible. I feel like I'm hitting my mid-life crisis and I'm not even 22 yet. I'm such a whiner, lol.

12. You have 4 years on me, but I see kids driving now who look like they're 12 and I'm just like what the fuck? I thought all of my friends just started driving.

Someone mentioned taking high school for granted; oh yeah. Didn't realize what a comfortable phase of life it was because the first two years of it I just kept wishing I could smoke more and chill all the time. Then I did that for the last two years of it, but I didn't realize it was whizzing by me until like 8 months ago. Friday comes, then Sunday goes.

It's very surreal to realize that you're in the end of a phase and about to start a new one, and it's also very surreal to realize that the phase you're leaving is actually only the first chapter in your life. But I digress...

I pretty much just want to say that time is going faster and faster all the time.

13. fucking hate topics like these, had one about a week ago with a friend i grew up with since 8. i hate em because you look back at the good days where you didnt have to worry about anything, and a single dollar bill was enough to get by on (the 25 cent cookies or zebra cakes, and the 50 cent soda). running around with friends doing all type of stupid shit that back in the days made sense but now dont. i realized that i grew up at age 16 when i actually had to get a job, had to get up at 5:30 AM, had to take the train for 40 min everyday, had to actually WORK. thats when i realized what the text books in school meant by "golden days." its funny how kids wish they were grown up, and grown ups wish they were kids again...:(

14. Hah funny.. I seen a kid bust a glass bottle in the road the other day, kid lives across the street.. I yelled too him "boy sweep that shit up before I tell your dad" I was thinkin the "kids these days" thing while I was saying it.

And this. Ive noticed I have like 1 or 2 friends that I still keep in contact with. Everyone else of my friends have all gone their own ways, were all doing our own things now, be it working, going to school, or raising our families. :(

and THIS, going over my bills and doing budgeting. It always makes me depressed :D

15. some real stuff man, the only days i could go out and actually do what i want without having to think about tomorrow is fri(sometimes because i work sat) and sat. sometimes i wish i was a millionaire so i could just party all day everyday, but even then i have friends that do that, and they're not even 21 yet and already tired of living life like that. i guess we as humans will never be happy with where we're at, so we will keep on looking for something we dont have....hate these topics, makes me think back into the days

16. I say that all the time. And I'm 18! :eek:

Take your bad vibes out of here!

17. Kind of weird growing up isnt it? i felt independent and a real grown up when i got a place of my own, im 20 now, 21 in sept and life seems to be going real quickly now nearing the end of college,
    and im starting to realize i need to do more in life before its too late.
    Jeeeezzz.....

18. In no particular order:

When I got my first job.
    When I got my first paycheck... and realized it wasn't enough.
    When my ballsack dips into the water in the toilet (I guess thats growing down).
    When I was kicked out of my house for the first time.
    When I bought my first pack of cigarettes, legally.
    When I moved into a homeless shelter.
    When I got my license and my first car.
    When I realized I wanted a relationship and not just sex.

Thats all I can think of for now.

19. I found my first white hair.

20. Took the training wheels off my bike, grew my first peubbb