Timers for Lights Questions??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wonderboy88, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Who has timers for their lights?? Where did you get them? how much? ect. . .

2. You can get them from Wal-Mart, Lowes, all those kinds of stores. You can get cheap manual ones from $5 to good manual ones for $15 and up. You can also get digital ones (not sure how much), but I've never tried them so I'm not sure how reliable they would be. Hope this helped,

Tru Ganjaman

3. can i put like 5 lights on one of the 5 dollar ones ?

4. i got 1 for $13, you need a converter to plug in multiple lights though. But i run 4 CFLs off mine.

5. You should be reading what the maximum load is on the timer is and figure that out for yourself... Or post the info if you can't and ask someone.

Going just by price is almost 100% trouble... Not to mention the risk of fire if you overload it.

6. I have a multi strip which holds four plugs. Then an adaptor which splits each into 2 bulbs(total 8) on a cheap timer. No problem

7. #8 rave420, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
    is there actually someone who grows without a timer :eek: ?

You can get one at every Hardware Store, and they range from 5 - 50 bucks, depending on how much watts and amps they can handle. Be sure to get one that suits your load.

5x27w CFL's will be no problem, but 5x400W HPS are gonna blow shit up for sure =D
    They usually say something like "Max. Watt 500" on them or something like that. Make sure you get the right one for your needs. Add up the watts from whatever is plugged into the timer and get the right one. make sure you get at least 1/3rd more then what is needed if you are using CFL's, because they drain a lot for a short period of time when they are switched on.