timer didnt switch on

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gop, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Im 9 days into flowering, and i already have 3 confirmed girls out of 5. The light is supposed to switch off at 9:30am, howerver when i checked the closet at 2:00pm the light was still on, so the plants recieved 16.5h of light today. I plan to give them 10h of darkness today followed by 9.5 of light, and than resume to 12/12h Is that the right thing to do? I really hope this incident doesnt stress my plants. Did a timer ever let you down? Shold i try those timers with a LCD screen as oposed to my current analog one?

2. since you are only 9 days into flower you should be fine. just go out and buy a new timer. or make sure you set up the old one right. the digital timers are nice especially since they are so easy to set IMO (not like the other ones are hard to set lol):smoke:

3. Spend the money and go digital...

I have had experiences with those analog incrimental types before dieing. Once they does they don't work again. The loading strain seems to be fine on the timer I think it is something to do with the influx of power and the ballast.... I only use those for CFL, water pumps and fans now days....

4. Yea that is true what kind of lights are you using? Or I guess a better question is how much do you have running through the timer... at.. the time.

5. I bought a pack of 3 timers and was using one for the fan and one for the lamp. The lamp is 250w. Yesterday i replaced the one that gave up one me with the 3rd unused one. Today when I checked at 12pm the light was still on :mad: shit chinese timers...I hope my plants have not been stressed too much, I really don't want to lose a week of flowering..Ill go shopping for a new timer today. Must be the lamp load, coz the timer of the fan is still working fine