timeing the flush!!!????

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by meezzy, Jul 14, 2010.

1. so before you cut em down you have to flush (2 weeks before (correct me if im wrong on that)). and you wanna cut them when the tricoms stop being produced so you reach the maximum potency of that strain right? now how do you know when thats gunna happen so that you can start the flush when necesary? or do you flush after tricoms stop being produced? idk maby im makeing it too complicated... please help!!!

2. it would be a shot in the dark without any information.

All I can really say is I personally watch for an overall sign. trichome color, pistil formation (new hairs/more development compared to dry) and for the beginning of deficient leafing.

Got a picture?

3. When to start flushing seems to be a grower preference ;) I start checking trich's 10-14 days before expected harvest date. And flush for approx 5-7 days after seeing the first sign of amber trichomes.

There's a neat little trick you can use to tell when the plants have been properly flushed - break off a fan leave, and touch your tongue to the broken end of the leaf stem. If it takes like plain water, then it's flushed. If it tastes the slightest bit bitter, or has any kind of funky taste, then a bit more flushing time is in order.

When to harvest (ratio of cloudy / amber trichs) is another individual preference. ;)

Good luck! :smoke:
    Doin'

4. thats what i needed to know...
    and that trick with tasteing the leaves is genious!

5. +5 on tasting the leaf!

6. Does any know about turning of the lights for the last few days before harvest? I've heard if they stay dark before you cut them it'll increase the trichome production. does anyone have any advice?

7. Hell yeah! Such a great idea, hahaha. Can't wait to try this. +rep fo sho.