Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Timeframe for mmj/moving to CO

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Trogdole, Dec 21, 2010.

1. I think this should be the right forum. Does anyone have any experience with getting a mmj recommendation after moving to CO, or another medical state? I think I read that they can say no to you for up to 2 years, does anyone know if they have to? Or has anyone done it?

2. I got mine like a week after moving to CO, if this is what you're asking. All you have to have is proof of residency, you don't have to actually be a resident of the state. (In other words, you don't have to obtain Colorado citizenship, you just have to show that you live there).

3. It's possible, I thought you had to be a resident for 2 years,
    but I'm not 100% positive on that. It didn't matter for me
    since I've lived here my whole life so yeah.

What I do know is that after you do get your recommendation
    you can't just walk into a clinic the same day anymore, there's
    a mandatory 35 day waiting period so that the state can process
    your application.

4. What town are you moving to?
    I'm in good with the doctor around here..

5. No you don't have to be a resident for two years.
    I got mine right when I moved up here.
    I heard about the 35 day wait period, that's a bummer for all the new applicants but I hear they're pumping cards out faster these days..
    It took me 6 months to get mine from the date I sent my payment into the registry.
    A guy was telling me about a doctor in denver that can write you up for 25 plants 8 ounces, dont know if it's true though.
    I've got my caregiver's license and edibles license.

6. Yeah it took me 6 months as well, but they got caught up on
    the backlog of applications, the only cool thing though is since
    it took so long, I got an extra 6 months on my license, later
    renewal date.

And that whole 8 ounces thing sounds way sketch, I know for
    a fact as a patient you are only allowed to have 2 ounces of
    "useable marijuana", that's set by the state. Your caregiver is
    only allowed to grow 6 plants for you...you don't wanna be
    messing with the officials either. I work with my clinic owner
    and they have been cracking down on inspections and a little
    over a week ago the DEA sent out 100 cease and desist letters
    to other clinics....

7. I know that can't be true, as I got my card not to long ago and consequently have done a lot of research about the issue.

In California, the amount a doctor can "recommend" is undetermined by state law, thus a situation such as this could exist in California. But in Colorado, the law determines that each patient can possess no more than 2 ounces and six plants, 3 of which are flowering and 3 of which are vegging or whatever (I don't really know growing terminology but it's something like that).

8. Just google it dude, it varies from state to state. In California I know you have to lie there at least one year before you can get the card; and about the doctor that writes exceissve amounts. I'm not really sure if he could do that, but maybe? I know I like Michigan's medical law, because unlike alot of states all 12 plants are allowed to be mature, if that's how you'd prefer them to be. lol

9. I dont believe it to be true it's what a dispensary worker told me.
    Personally I dont trust dispensarys and half of the ones I go to don't know shit about strain lineage.
    I hear Denver's where the good ones are.
    Anyway if you guys take time to apply for your edibles license it's worth the extra plants..
    There are a few things you have to do though.

10. Oh yeah for sure man I wasn't trying to imply that you believed that or anything, I was just noting that it's for sure determined by state law not doctors. And I agree with the edible license

As for all the good dispensaries being in Denver? I live in Boulder and there's more than enough good dispensaries there for myself. There's far more shitty dispensaries than good ones, but trust me the good ones are out there, it just takes a bit of looking/shopping around to find the ones that have great products and prices.

11. I frequent Boulder a lot and I can never seem to find
    a place that's is as knowledgeable, caring, and professional
    as my clinic in Denver. It's not really in the heart of Denver
    but I guess it's considered Denver.

I just get really sick of college kids getting the jobs that
    honestly know a lot less than I do and they're only there
    because they look good. Half of the places that I went to
    that had good reviews, the budtenders didn't even know
    what the difference between indica and sativa were. WTF?
    Just because you look good doesn't mean I'm gonna keep
    coming back for your shitty knowledge with your subpar herb.

12. Oh no dude I totally agree 85% of the dispensaries in Boulder are complete bullshit, and operated by dumb college kids who are blitzed out of their mind every time I go in there (unprofessional much?). But yeah there's several dispensaries that are very good, one of which is particularly excellent, if you PM me I'll let ya know which are good.

But yeah the way you described them makes me think of BoulderMeds (truly awful bud quality), 11:11 Wellness (always seems to be run by the dumbest, highest college kids), T.H.C., Fresh Republic, and almost everywhere on Pearl St. minus a few hidden gems haha.

13. I know for a fact I've been to BoulderMeds and they are
    really awful, completely unprofessional as well, just wanted
    a sell. Boulder RX was awful too and not only did I not like
    the look of the bud, the place is run by this guy who used
    to stalk me at an old job...awkward creepy experience.

I'll pm you so next time I'm up there, I'll check them out.

14. Man I go into these dispensarys and one i went to the other day had "ak-48"
    Like really? you cant get the real ak-47? Gotta go with the Nirvana seeds lmao...
    They have OG Kush and cant tell me the origins of it, who's cut it was, where it came from etc.
    I went to one about a month ago that had a lemon GreenHouse Seed co strain and I was like "do you know why this has male bananas on it?" them: "no" me: "because it's from green house"
    I just get angry with these people, they need to read a book before working at a dispensary.

15. Yeah BoulderMeds has some of the worst quality bud I've seen in a disp., so ridiculously dry and poorly trimmed and just overall awful.

Funny you say that about Boulder RX too, as I was just talking to a friend about how much we didn't like BoulderMeds and he thought we were talking about RX the whole time lol! I've never been, but as soon as I pointed out that I meant BoulderMeds, he said it's just as bad haha so I can't imagine anything good of it.

But yeah just PM me next time I'll let you know some great spots

16. I'll be moving to the Colorado Springs, or Denver area, in about 8 months. Which from what I just read is a good place for bud. My eventual goal is to open a dispensary there.

17. Dispensarys are getting harder to open these days.

18. That's an understatement.
    Getting harder to open and stay open everyday it seems...
    there's always something new and fucked up in the industry.

19. In all honesty I hate dealing with dispensarys...