Time To Upgrade Grow Setup//strain Recommendation Please (Medical Smoker)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by darkliquid90, May 25, 2013.

1. [SIZE=10pt]1. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]So its time for me to upgrade my grow room. my grow room is far from professional and i want to make it as professional as possible. I am going to purchase a grow tent or two. i am probably going to purchase 2 so i can have a veg and bloom tent going. I have a 1000 watt hps and MH bulb and one ballast so i will need to purchase an other ballast for a second tent. i have a few questions i need clarification on before purchasing:

1) anyone have any recommendations on size of tents i should buy? i want to grow no more then 3/4 plants at a time (all in different stages and strains, i like variety), producing around 1-2 oz a plant (hopefully).

2) which type of system is recommended? Hydroponic seems a good way for big plants but it seems harder to move them? would soil be easier to move them from veg room to flower room? or is there a hydro system out there that is easily movable?

3) this is my equipment i got so far im wondering what else i will need:
    -2 1000 watt MH/HPS bulb
    -2 ballasts
    -2 air cooled hoods so plants can grow closer
    -2 osculating fans to circulate air
    -system? (this is where im not sure on what im going to do... either hydroponics or 7gal pots with soil)
    -flora series nutrients (3 part i love these nutes ive seen nothing but amazing results so far)

so anything essential i am missing here? i am not looking for A++ bud, i just want decent smoke and nice healthy plants. so i dont want to add like bat guano or other additives, i will stick to my flora series only. 

also STRAIN recommendation time please, list me some good strains and the name/where you bought the seeds
    ? i am in the market for new seeds[/SIZE] and want some different strains than already grown, so far i have grown (not many because i am a new grower, always getting better though)

1) white queen
    2) master kush
    3) power kush
    4) skunkberry

2. As a medical grower,....only you can decide what medicine works for you or not...and only on 3 or 4 plants at a time ...?

I'd go for a 600 watt hps in a 3 or 4 ft tent, aiming to have 9 plants in 3 gallon pots 3 ft high in 3 months, to harvest, as a medical grow you will be more concerned about growing medicine than entertainment like highs as per the indicated strains

1) white queen
    2) master kush
    3) power kush
    4) skunkberry

Stick to organic soils as you don't need the chelated elements interfering with your home grown meds or the metal taste you may get from the dwc use

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Dimmable-Hydroponic-Reflector-Pressure/dp/B004L3AQ1U/ref=pd_sbs_lg_2