Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Time to Take a Break?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by veneta72, Jun 20, 2012.

1. It would be great to hear from someone who has been where I am just now. After 30 some years of almost daily smoking, I am thinking a break is in order. Weed has been my constant companion all these years and has kept my feet on the ground and kept me in touch with what matters in life. But I have some shit I need to get done, and I am so saturated I cannot get started. It feels like stepping off a cliff, or onto a new planet. I gotta do this, though. And don't tell me to limit my use because I simply cannot do that. If I have it, I smoke. Period. I'm quite scared.

2. Just think of it as a new beginning. It may be hard to sleep for the first couple days, but it should be a boring ride. Keep yourself occupied and find new shit to do. Whens the last time you did something new? :smoke:

3. I have smoked for 6 years now, nothing compared. I feel the same way as you where i need weed it's all i have left in this world. When i don't smoke for a few days i'm a nut case i can't even control myself. It's horrible sometimes I want to quit but i get so sad and secluded to everything and everyone i can't bare to put the pipe down. But sometimes life calls and you have to look at it like a blessing. A way of saying, Look its time to start a new and begin a new journey down this long windy road everyone calls life. It really sucks and I am coming to the point in my life as well, although sooner then yours, where i just need to stop and grow up, get a job, move out of this town, get my damn life back together.

4. Find another hobby to replace it and those 30 years of smoking will seem like distant memories. Perhaps a fun sport your into?