time to start my new life... gotta start w/ busting my ass in school

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NFloyd2357, Jul 15, 2010.

1. i hate school, i really do. i havent done as well as i should have in college, considering i got straight A's in high school... it's mainly because i don't give a fuck. well, this year, i'm gonna go back to my old ways and get straight A's. my reason isnt the typical good grades good career thing. Its because staying in school is a way to prevent me from entering the real world as quickly. As bad as school is, i feel like its gotta be easier than whats coming after it, even if i dont wanna put the work in. my plan is to pull my grades up to near a good 4.0 so i can get into cal berkeley, and get the hell outta my state, and this side of the country. i want to start over, live in a city i know i like, where theres a music scene, more musicians, and in general, more people that are similar to me. i'm entering my senior year, but will stay an extra year, so i have 4 semesters to pull this off... the only thing holding me back is motivation. I can get transferred from where i work to the one in berkeley... it just all sounds so much better. and in case anyone cares/is wondering, im a political science/philosophy double major.

so basically, i plan on using school to achieve the things in life i want that school can't bring me (career in music or journalism/writing, and just living in a more suiting environment in general). or maybe i'm just growing up:confused: well here's to trying to keep myself motivated for the next two years... and then 6 more after it:eek: masters, then PhD - want to be a professor so i can have the merit to get all my works published. guess we'll see how it pans out

2. Good luck.

3. Good luck. Just remember, you must sometimes give to get back. In today's world, being part of the system to a certain extent is very necessary. You might feel like saying fuck it again, but just remember, it'll be worth the sacrifice of several years. After all, you have all the time in the world.

4. ya dude Berkeley is chill as fuck. ive been up there before, theres a lot of junkies in some parts, but mostly theres a lot of really chill hippies and people of that sort.

5. Go for it! Good luck mate.

6. Need some motivation?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ellEUWogM5A]YouTube - Potluck I Can Do Anything[/ame]

7. good luck with that man. Its gonna be hard styll but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

8. Hah. Sounds almost identical to what I've been thinking for the last few months. I'm finally getting serious about school. I wanna get good grades, which I know I can, I just never do my work nor study. Then I wanna be off to a new state. Leave behind all the people that think they know me, and start somewhere else where there are more outdoor activities, more people that enjoy outdoor activities, and it'd be nice if there was a better music scene as well. Somewhere I can be in the mountains in the morning, and relax on the beach at night. I'm thinking Oregon.:cool:

Good luck man. I'm sure you don't need it though, just get off your damn ass. Don't forget weed affects you like any other drug, but can also be used responsibly like most drugs.

9. i was thinking oregon too, but i really want to go to berkeley and i know i can get in, especially for grad school, as long as i actually put just a little effort in like back in the day.

as far as smoking, i used to smoke all day, every day. since maybe... feb or march, i've been smoking way less. less money and less desire, really. i enjoy a bowl while i'm relaxing, watching tv before bed. i hate being high in the day now, absolutely can't stand it. occasionally ill smoke in the day if i'm staying in, watching football or something. i'll also smoke if i'm working on my novel, writing anything for school or recording my music, but in those cases, its motivational/inspires creativity.

i think half the problem to my depression lately was having no goals because i was so confused and didn't know what i wanted to do, in turn, not caring what i'd do. i think if i actually go through with this, the accomplishment would be amazing, and getting out to berkeley would be even better. it'll suck in a way, because even though i get to run away from all the shit here, i still have a lot here that i will miss, my family being one. but i'm sick of this place, i've been here 21 years, and as nice as my town is (it made it on the top 100 places to live in america list!! lol) i'm ready to experience something new. meet new people, start over, and see where i can get myself with starting from scratch.

usually a rock fan, but nas is the man. appropriate song... i almost fucked myself over with nearly every possible hard drug too but thats way in my past.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84uWGVAcKR4]YouTube - Nas: I Can (with Lyrics)[/ame]

10. dude, thats actually a really good reason to get back into doing good in school. im not ready for the real world yet either, and this might be the motivation i need to start doing good in school again. 6th grade :rolleyes:

11. good one. it worked for my pops so i'm gonna give it a shot. it was this attitude that actually decided his major and profession, as it involved more school. everyone's more prepared for the real world with more school under their belt, no? i don't really get the sarcasm... 4 years of school ain't worth shit nowadays, anyways. not to mention, isn't any reason a good reason to do well in school?

12. it wasent sarcasm. i put the emotion at the end because i've been fucking up since 6th grade

13. in that case, my bad lol - i'm in a testy mood because of the girl, and we're texting so i'm seeing negative connotations in everything said thats written

14. its all good, im dealing with my own personal problems right now too :mad: