time to start growing in spain?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by stonymontana, Oct 29, 2006.

1. I wanna grow inside for about a month to give them a fighting chance outside, so what would be the best time to take them outside? I want them to be very big when they start to flower for obvious reasons

2. If you must do this, I would say from the end of March onwards. Days will be very slightly longer than nights and increasing. But what light regime will you be giving them immediately before then? Mind you don´t give them a sudden change in light regime that will cause them to go into flower then reveg, causing stress and hermies.
    Folks who mix up indoor and outdoor growing do often run into problems.
    This year I started mid April, my average yield of dried bud was 18 ounces a plant. How big a plant do you need? There is so much hot sun here in Spain, why not make the most of it. Do an outdoor grow, sowing seeds in March, maybe.

3. yea i was thinking of germinating at the start of march, so if i 24/0 for 1-2 weeks and then 18/6 for 3-2 weeks before they go outside that wont be much of a sudden light cycle change at the end of march? do they start to flower around the end of august/beggining of september? i wanted big plants because unlike indoor growing space isn't so much of a issue so big = more yield

4. Outdoor flowering begins end of July/start of August.

5. yea i had at look yours threads after i posted. in the uk it's definitely a bit closer to autumn when start flowering, my indoor plants budded for a little while outdoors before they went inside. some very nice plants you had, really wide.

6. Nice of you to say so. :)

7. Yea I agree with spanishfly that it is probably better to start in mid- April or so. Because I started mine early and then put them out, thinking that it would be better, and ended up with large limby trees with little bud. And my younger, smaller plants thet were started later(about mid-April), yeilded much bigger,better buds. Maybe this helped some, but G L with your grow. Peace

8. I always start mine about mid_April. Outdoors that is.