time to start flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by booyookashooka, Apr 13, 2011.

1. this is an LSD fem plant, almost if not a month old from seed. no topped lst or anythin, right now its in just reg soil with 20-10-10 i think, its under 2 40 watt floros with a 250 watt heat lamp comin in on the side, just a reg house fan blowin on it, its 20.5/3.5 at the moment, just wonderin if i could start flowerin or if i should do sumn first then flower, also i was curious about topping. . is it too late to do so? btw, this is not all the light being put on it i had to move to get a good picture
    [​IMG]

2. I would def top and give it at least another three weeks

3. Alright that's prolly what ill do then. Does topping slow growth?

4. Looks good to me. ANY drastic changes from topping, to bending, to super-cropping will stress the plant and in my experience slow growth for a short period of time, but that is regained by the new vigorous growth of a plant trying to survive after being injured.

5. Kind of how muscles aren't actually built while working out. They are actually being torn apart, or injured on a microscopic level. It's the recovery afterwards that actually builds the muscle mass.

6. Alright sweet. Thanks. And eventually will the new tops start alternating sides of fan leaves? And when that happens I should flower? And should I top the new tops also?

7. And would it fuck up if I only waited like 1.5 or two weeks instead? Like that would affect the yield?

8. As for the new tops, I can't say. The longer you veg, the larger the plant when she starts flowering so the less veg time, the less yield as a rule of thumb. I am topping and super-cropping my plants now but haven't had a good grow cycle yet with this technique because I moved and built a new grow room and then had humidity, light, and temp probs. Problem solved and this next run, 6 Kryptonites and 1 Lavender Kush, should tell the tale. I topped and then supercropped the 4 tallest branches, giving 2 days between topping and supercropping for the plant to recover a little.

If you top the new tops, you will have a much bushier plant due to auxin distribution but will have to veg longer to realize the benefits.

9. Hmm. In that case I might just let it be. And as far as supercropping. . Does that also increase yield?

And Damn. Im just growin this one Lsd and another mid plant. Just a seed from a good bag I got

10. Yes. A cannabis plant has what is known as apical dominance. Not sure on specifics, but when you top it, the other branches fight to try and be the tallest. When you supercrop, you pinch the stems until you hear/feel a slight crunch and bend it downward. Whenever a plant loses it's tallest point, ALL the branches increase growth trying to become the tallest. It gets complicated real fast when trying to increase yield. If it is your first attempt at growing and is bagseed(which can be quite good) I would suggest sticking with a topping and maybe supercrop or easier, LST(tying them down to achieve the same basic effect).

11. What u mean by bagseed? And yea ill prolly lst it then

12. Sorry, got confused with the other thread I was posting in where the OP was using bagseed, or a seed that he found in a bud that he bought. I read this is a fem seed so the stakes are a little higher, but the theory is the same.

13. Yea. I am also growing a bagseed but im not very concerned with it lol

14. I just harvested a bagseed from my last run and it is better than the clones I bought at a dispensary. But 3 of the 4 weren't worth the nutes I fed them. AND they all came from the same bag!

15. Damn. How much did you get off it? And how tall was it approx? And that's weird comin from the same bag

16. I LST'd all of them and got about 1.5oz off the good one. The rest were between .5 and .75oz and quality sucked. Idk if someone threw a good bud in a mids bag for smell, or what, but yeah, I was trippin a little too. Approx height at start of flower was 18". Finishe about 24-26" with heavy LST.

17. Alright that's not bad id be fine with an o lol. Free $150 lol

18. #19 Stonermedic, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    Topping does not slow growth much and If ur gonna keep them small just one top will increase your yield quite a bit . Sorry for the delay, what's the status . I just finished a grow in which I flowered a bit too early so yeah, let me know

19. So as u know the LSD has been topped. But the two new tops are fine n all. But im seeing pistols (female) . . . Is tha okay?