Time to pull her off life support?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by speedingsnoopy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. EDIT:
    Hi everyone! Well Jasmine just got worse since posting, and the few live nodes she had have curled up and died. She has been pulled from the garden to get more direct light to my hydro plants and her sister Kya. Thanks to everyone who posted, looks like the 80% vote was right. Peace!

Hi everybody!

About 2.5 weeks ago I repotted with MG soil. The plants burned, so I replaced with soil-less organic and flushed. And the burn got worse so I flushed again. Then they looked like they needed N, so I watered with nutes. Then I found out vinegar might hurt the plants more, so I flushed a third time. That was in about 4 or 5 day span. As you can guess, the plants were drowned.

One is definitely gonna pull through, but her sister I'm not so sure about. Here are pics to show what sad shape she is in. 1, 2, and 3 are just plain ugly. 4, 5, and 6 show the new growth as it's coming in (including the one live node tip... wish I new why just that one tip has rebounded). Picture 7 shows what she looked like 11 days ago (for comparison).

What do you think? Pull the plug now? Let her keep growing and harvest what I can from the few living nodes in 5 weeks? Wait another week before I decide?

PS- Check out my grow journal and give me advice about my hydro plants... they became a lot more important in the last week or so...

Attached Files:

2. "Wait, I dont even know no Ol james, gawn!"

3. honestly man, just start over. those "plants" don't even have anything on them, I'm curious if that first picture is even weed? sorry that happen, but hey at least(well hopefully) you learned something this time around.

4. Thanks for the honesty everyone!

If you have advice on helping her sister or her babies (4 clones in a ebb and flow hydro), visit my grow journal. link is in my signature.

5. that 1st pic is 1 sad looking plant :(

6. What kind of light are you using? It looks like you have been growing it under the light in the picture and if so that is why your plant looks so cracked out and emaciated - it's stretching toward the light. Get them under a 250 watt HPS or a decent array of CFLs and they will do just fine.

7. Dude, what the fuck? Are you using regular incandescent bulbs or something? Those are the most stretched out fucked up looking plants I've ever seen!

8. OMG MJ abuse to the fullest. Please just shoot them now and put them out of their misery. Thats torture! Read a few stickies, start with this link. Please dont ever do that to them again! LOL all in good fun, you will learn. Just research bro!

9. Thanks everyone!

I'm using a 400w mh about a foot away from the tops, room temp is 75-80. They really looked ok... I've attached a pic from when I first repotted with MG. I think I just flushed her wayyyy too much. The rest of her family I haven't killed yet. Yet... being a newbie sucks :(

Attached Files:

10. Listen bro, I'm no expert and don't pretend to be one. However, I have had a number of pretty successful grows. Some better than others. The best advice I can give you is to not overreact to every little thing. Growing pot is not hard, in fact it is hard to kill a plant. You only need to do four things.

1. Give the plant the best light you can afford.
    2. Water properly, do not under or over water.
    3. Give the plant sufficient nutrients.
    4. Make sure your soil PH is not too high or too low.

My very first grow was not as good as it could have been because I reacted to every little "abnormal" sign my plants showed and did more harm than good. If you make mistakes don't sweat it. Plants in nature do not have "ideal" conditions everyday and Marijuana has survived for a very long time. Some days are sunny and some days are not. Sometimes it rains for 2 or 3 days straight and sometimes it does not rain for weeks. Plants adapt and survive. Just be patient and leave the plants alone. Water every few days when needed and check your soil PH once every few weeks to make sure it is staying within normal limits and give the plants nutrients occasionally.

Good luck!

11. thanks toke. I'm sure you're right. I check on the girls every 10 minutes (all I have to do is lean over from my computer) and freak out over every blemish. I'm just so excited to actually be trying it I can't stop trying to tinker. Hopefully the hydro plants will pan out better than the soil girls.

12. Cool, I'm sure you will do fine. I check my plants quite a bit too, but I try not to touch them. Just monitor the vitals and let them do what their going to do. A lot of it is genetics. Some plants are just healthier than others and some grows are better than others.

13. Hi everyone! Well Jasmine just got worse since posting, and the few live nodes she had have curled up and died. She has been pulled from the garden to get more direct light to my hydro plants and her sister Kya. Thanks to everyone who posted, looks like the 80% vote was right. Peace!

RIP Jasmine. Your clones will carry on your legacy.