Time to harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by deeeznuttz, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Is it time to harvest? thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. There's no way to tell without checking trichomes, but they still look premature to me.

3. trichomes are clear

4. Check your trichs

5. Then you've still got a week or two, maybe more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ok how should they look?

7. I never harvest if I have white hairs standing up straight. Of course Pistils is right the trichomes will tell the true story.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. It depends on what you're looking for in your product. You'll want mostly milky trichs for more of a cerebral high up to a maximum of 20% amber trichs for more of a couchlock high. Anywhere between those two extremes is suitable for harvest. I tend to wait until almost all trichs are milky, and I see a spotting of amber trichs here and there. That's a good middle ground in my mind.

• Like Like x 2
  9. so mine being clear is not milky?

10. Clear looks like glass, cloudy looks like plastic. Once the majority is cloudy then it's up to you when you want to harvest.

11. No. Trichomes will go from clear and thin, to milky and fatter, to amber and swolen, and finally darker amber and shriveled. Clear = immature with little THC content, milky = peak THC content, amber = some THC has converted into other cannabinoids, dark amber & shriveled = end of lifecycle.

12. I'd like to add that when they get fatter they bend and start to fall over, they will sometimes also form a double bubble at this point. You don't want to wait until the caps fall off, amber or no amber. Strains vary too, some naturally get more amber than others and also earlier on. It certainly helps to know your strain!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. Need to get yourself a loupe and check the individual trichomes. You need 25% amber in the trichomes overall to pull. If not, not time. You're overloading your light or your light isn't powerful enough. When flowering a plant, each and every plant needs adequate wattage along with plenty of space between your plants so they're not crowding out or shading out the light from penetrating the canopy of the plant. If you only have adequate light to flower a single plant...flower a single plant. More is not better and you determine how many plants you can flower by how much light you have, not by what you think you can grow. Grows under artificial light don't even remotely produce the weight on plants grown in the sun....the ultimate light source. To get a MJ to really produce and grow hard for you, you've got to give it enough wattage of quality light. Crowding a room full and hanging a single lamp way up high to cover them all just means that none of the plants are going to produce the way they should. Better lighting will give you much more dense buds and they won't be spotty and lanky like these on your plants.

We flower with 1000 watt HPS lamps and only flower 2 per light. We average between 3.5 and 5+ after harvest and cure...depending on the strain and the individual plant. But there's a pretty steep learning curve when just starting out. The more prep work and reading up on what you're doing, the better outcome you'll have in the end. You probably would've gotten more weight off one or two plants...depending on what you're using as lighting, than you'll get from all these plants. But chalk it up to experience and move on. We all had to start somewhere. TWW

14. I agree that you need to check your trichomes. That's one of the sure fire methods to make sure that you're getting the effect from your girls that you want. Also, just as some friendly advice, your plants have the bent tips which means that you're giving them to much nitrogen. It's okay ad necessary that they get nitrogen throughout there life cycle, but as you get close to finish, you really want to minimize the amount that your feeding them. More P&K are essential for signalling to the plant that it needs to focus more on flowering and bud development. Also, once you harvest your girls, the chlorophyll has to be broken down, and the more chlorophyll that's present, the longer that process takes and the longer it will be before you can smoke it, or at least smoke it and it not burn like a road flare.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

15. okay im not adding any nutriets. i havent added any nutes for past like 3 week.s how do i decrease N ?

16. What are you talking about? you think these buds are spotty or lanky? also how do you even know if i have too much plants or not enough light? all this is is a picture of two colas lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. What lights are you using? And what type of media are you growing in?

18. led hps, and Fabric Pots Grow Bags

19. Well if you're using a good soil, this could allow your plant access to a lot of nitrogen. And also, the purple stems can be an indicator of a magnesium deficiency, which magnesium is ESSENTIAL for photosynthesis

20. And I apologize for getting off topic from the original question