Time to harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Myriam, Oct 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone,
    Do you think it is time to harvest or is it too early? thank you for your opinions !

Attached Files:

2. What variety is that?

IMO looks close but could go a bit longer.

3. I like to use a Jewelry loupe and check trics, lot of info about what specifically to look for on the web
    Buddy of mine used to say, when they look totally ready, wait another 2 weeks

(+};-]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok so maybe still a week... ? it s getting cold now thats too bad..this is dinafem critical + auto this is outdoors

5. Yes I m still waiting my magnifying glass but it seems to have a problem with the post office :( I have a third plant and I was thinking of harvesting this one tomorrow because it seems more ripe, here's a photo of this one , since the beginning she grew faster than the 2others, you think this one is ready compared to the others ?

Attached Files:

6. Overall, there's no obvious sign of orange trichomes at all. Obviously you'll get a better look at small areas with a loupe, but even without you'll see a smattering of orange/brown colour on the buds and leaves with the naked eye. There's also several areas where the pistils are very fleshy and fresh. There will still be some of these right until the end, but usually you see them become a small proportion compared to the number that have dried up and darkened.

So for these reasons, I think it's still early and they will 'ripen' a bit more.

They can handle the cold fairly well, a few nights of 5C/40F won't really hurt, but if there's a risk of frost or condensation that could be trouble. If you can't leave the a bit longer, they do look harvestable and you will get high. Critical+ is supposed to be very 'couchy' and an early harvest will probably reduce this aspect of the effect, leaving it longer will likely make it more pronounced.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow man I'm drooling over your pics. Very nice! Let us know what u do! But yeah I'd hold off for as long as the weather permits

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Thank you very much for your opinions !! Based on your advices, I finally decided to wait a bit more to get more orange trichomes and I hope I will receive shortly the loupe so that I can be more certain of the timing. I'll keep you posted anyway !

Attached Files:

9. I finally harvested today two of my plants, I had the loupe, and trichomes were getting amber and I let the smaller plant finish. The temperature was getting very low and the plants were turning purple because of the cold !
    But it finally looks great , I did wet trimming, here is one of the main branches, I got many, and many sugar leaves ! For a first crop, I'm very happy, I hope the following steps will be ok.
    Now I'm looking for what to do with sugar leaves :)
    Anyway thank you for your advices !!!

Attached Files: