Time to harvest. When? Tga

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by undermythumb66, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hey guys I'm thinking about chopping up my plants tonight before my daytime period ends, I was just wondering if there were any pros and cons versus cutting tomorrow after dark period. Sorry to confuse y'all haha so the question is chop during day period? Or better to wait until after dark period(just normal 12 to maybe 15 hours) I don't want to do an extended night period or anything. So thank y'all I'll take some quite revealing photos of these lil lady's before we do the nasty

2. And let me rephrase a little, I'm at day 58 12/12 and I'm basically forced to harvest this weekend anyways even though iv heard a lot of good things about letting the tga strains get real ripe. This is my first grow, I started my seeds back in November and here I am so I'm a bit excited. I know I had a learning experience and nowhere near an ideal yield(makes the rushed harvest not as much of a bummer to me) so I'm excited to see what I got. This is now my harvest thread and if attachments are working I'll use em

3. Here's them in the box, haha I wonder if this qualifies as a microgrow? Just kidding! But shit almost

View attachment 810335

4. I've read chopping in the dark, right before your lights come on. There are enzymes or somethings that go to the roots at night, so your cutting them down before they travel up the stem. Alot of people say leave your plant in the dark for two or three days before cutting. How much truth or fact to any of this is anyones guess.

5. Putting your plant in darkness for 48 hours before chopping puts it into survival mode. Marijuana is of higher potency during the night time. So harvesting after 2 days of no light is definitely beneficial.

6. yep harvest during the dark period

7. Sweet thanks guys, I harvest my agent orange last night after dqycycle anyways, got some rookie jitters goin and didn't want to wait haha. I still have my querkle under the light I'll turn that off after today and harvest tomorrow night or Sunday.
    Querkle

View attachment 810923

8. Thats a shame. They don't look close to ready. Shoulda let them go a few more weeks. Hope it don't give you headache. I know premature unripe buds give me bad headaches. Have u looked at your trichs thru a scope?

9. [quote name='"BadAxe"']Thats a shame. They don't look close to ready. Shoulda let them go a few more weeks. Hope it don't give you headache. I know premature unripe buds give me bad headaches. Have u looked at your trichs thru a scope?[/quote]

That's happens if they aren't dried and cured properly, not when it was harvested.

10. It is a bit of a rushed harvest. And In all fairness my pics probably do t do justice. And theyre small plants. And they're filled with triches and most of the pistils are orange. And yes I used a 30x60 scope, although I'm not professional whatsoever at using it.

11. The first plant I cut is now just about dry enough put in jars, and I'm not gonna lie I busted a few small pieces off to sample(would have been more suitable for hash/budder anyway). Tasted great already and burns grey/white. Minor yield, but I'll throw up some pics after the querkle dries and everything has been jarred.

12. they look like they need some time to me....jus sayin

13. Thanks y'all. Yea ideally I probably should have gave them at least another week, my grow was stunted from the beginnig anyways and I have to get eventing out of the house. Got a few good buds out of it I'm not worried. Gotta start smewhere

14. I've always done mine right before the sun comes up it makes a smoother smoke I don't know the science behind it but I've tried it both ways and I personally think before the sun comes up is best