Time to harvest... But sudden growth spurt?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jremyperry123, Sep 17, 2007.

1. It has been a almost 70 days in flower, and over the past few days i have noticed a rapid increase in bud production, the buds seemed to be filling out, swelling etc, and then all of a sudden they started growing taller with new hairs forming. the main cola is the most notable as it has more "branches" of pistils coming from within it. Is this normal? i thought i was near completion but now it seems like its just getting started. Please help.

also, my leaves around the buds were very small and fat, and curled down slightly ("claw"). The new growth are now spike-like leaves.

also, i have been flushing for about a week or so now. should i put nutes back into the hydro? do you think i was nute burning them?

Anyone have this happen to them? is this normal? how much longer?

Thank you, you are gods!

2. its not done yet, once in flowering, there is a predetermined countdown timer so to speak, for each individual strain. as soon as flowering is done the plant should die off with buds gettin darker and more stretched out with each day that passes.
    Watch the color of the white hairs, as soon as theyre at about 50%, start watchin the color of the tricomes. when theyre @ around 50% amber/cloudy in color, its time to harvest.
    check out my WhiteRhino 2oo7 & WhiteWidow 2oo7 threads.

3. so is the branching of the buds normal?

curling leaves?

correlation between the flush and the new growth/new spiked leaves as opposed to curled leaves?

4. What strain is this?
    The "claw" is usually from too much nitrogen.

5. its just bagseed. i use the flora series nutes.

should i continue the flush and the plants will use the nutes stored inthere leaves?

6. yes you should continue the flush, but remember,
    its not done yet, once in flowering, there is a predetermined countdown timer so to speak, for each individual strain. as soon as flowering is done the plant should die off with buds gettin darker and more stretched out with each day that passes.
    Watch the color of the white hairs, as soon as theyre at about 50%, start watchin the color of the tricomes. when theyre @ around 50% amber/cloudy in color, its time to harvest.

7. Yes, you will need a microscope to see when the trichs are ready. That is really the best way. When they have gone mostly cloudy you can start ther flush with no more nuteing.

8. Right, to see the trichs such as on that chart, one needs at least 10x magnification; 20x will make it easy to see. That can't be seen with the naked eye.