time to grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Daveboy, Apr 4, 2009.

1. so weed in my area is scarce and prices are up, but i have a bunch of seeds so why not try to grow my own?
    i still live with my parents but i have plenty of land and theres actually a camper thats not being used that i will be able to use for this grow. i'm not trying to max out my production or anything but i was just wondering if theres any key things i'll need to know or can i just grow it? i'm not inexperienced with growing things since my parents own a greenhouse business. so is it unlike any other plants or will i be fine with my current knowledge.
    any advice is appreciated, thanks.

2. you should be okay to grow ... your biggest questions will probably be what type of lighting are you planning to use CFLs (fluorescent) or HIDs (soidium or metal halide)....seemore bud's has a book on growing small with a budget of $100. the book does a day by day picture for the grow which is helpful during the first grow to make sure you are on track.

3. how important is lighting?
    if i just leave them without lights will i have no chance of buds?
    i know the grow outdoors by themselves in certain areas but i'm not looking for a huge yeild just some bud i can enjoy knowing i provided myself with it.

4. the lighting is an important factor in allowing you to maximize the grow yield....you need to have a solid 12 hours (plus) of sun for the veg/flowering period and 18 hours of light for the initial seedling growth. i imagine a grow outdoors stretches the season out...check out the outdoor grow section there will probably be some helpful conversations on some of the issues inherent with an outdoor grow (i have only one friend who has done the outdoor grow thing and that was in the florida keys where it is perpetually sunny).