Time to go Outside?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by riverside420, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Well the last of the cold days seem to finally be over and spring arrivin.

Question: I have a few young 2-3 week old seedlings sitting under flouro and was wondering if it would be ok to move them outside. The seedlings are green and appear healthy. Weather-wise its about 62-70 F during the day and about 46-53 at night. The plants seem to be stretching a deal under the flouro and I want to get them started on a sun cycle. Amount of sun they will be getting per day is about 12-13 hours.

Any advice or suggestions would be cool

2. I'd wait a little longer. The temp at night is too low. What area do you live in? Usually around the Toronto Ontario area we put our plants out-doors around May 24 week-end.

TGT

3. i think that might be too cold at night maybe you could put emm out in the day time and put emm in a room or attic or something at night i live in florida an have a like 4 woods grows under me belt weather doesnt really fator in here especially now its soo hot!

4. yea thats what i was planning on doing. I was gonna keep them outside during the day and bring them in at night. But I was also wondering if maybe the seedlings are too young for the sun yet, they are about 3-4 in tall.

5. oh and i live in so.cal

6. yea you can ut seedlings in direct sun but why do that when you can make emm grow twice as fast under 18/6 hours light or hey even 24/0 all you need is 1 cfl light an put the babies under it add more light depending on how many seedlings.

7. Hey man I'm in Toronto too. I'll be growing up north this summer and I was wondering what strain you're growing? I was thinking about the m39/freezeland seed from toronto420.com because of its fast flowering times. Also, when do you start germinating to get ready for the season?

8. The strains I have used for outdoor are the same ones I use for indoors. They are AK47, G13 (from seed so not really a pure G13, but still very exeptional) and Blueberry by DJ Short. I usually take clones off the mothers around early to mid April so that they have time to root and establish themselves in soil. Usually I try to plant them outdoors when they are about a foot tall, may be a little less. I find this gives them a better chance to do well.

When I have done seeds in the past I sprout them about two weeks earlier so that they can be sexed before put outside. Sometimes I can't sex them in time, which really isn't a problem as they can be hacked at the grow site when balls form. This turns out to be a lot of extra work, so it's better to sex before planting outdoors.

The AK47 clone I use finishes mid to early October and has exceptional yeild. The buzz is exceptionally potent, and tastes beautiful. This is my favorite outdoor strain to date.

The G13 has a much more Sativa look to it, but finishes two weeks earlier than the AK47. It has a sweet smell and absolutely no skunk in it at all. Not much stretch but still a good yeilder. Exceptional potency.

Blueberry from DJ Short is great for stealth as she stays really small and grows almost like a flower. The buds and early veg are purple even from the beginning so it merges in with surrounding flowers very well. I grew a whole field two summers ago and even when standing right next to them they could not be spotted easily. This clone I have must be very unique as it grows much differently from others I have seen when done outdoors. The only downfall is it is a very small producer, but the buds are still dense and extremely tasty with a super couch lock body high.

I hope this helps, I kind of rambled on as I smoked a little too much G13 tonight. Good luck on your out-door grow this year and if you are ever in the need of seeds don't hesitiate to ask.

TGT

9. yea the blueberry strain caught my eye because of like you said, it almost looks like some sort of wild flower or something. So I may look into that. The only problem for me is going to be time. Once Im back at college i'll only be able to make the trip to the site on the weekends, so i'll want to be able to harvest asap.