Time to get back in shape!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Guess I will be using this as a log and just a place to discuss, or answer any diet/training questions. Little background information on me: I am 175lbs, 5'7, and 22 years old.

Been lifting on and off since freshman year in HS. I also have been practicing martial arts for about 16 years now. I am a 4th degree blackbelt in Tang Soo Do. I also did some amateur kickboxing when I was 16-18, Fought in 2 matches. Won the first one in a first round KO. Lost my 2nd match in a 3rd round TKO.

The last few years I have been simply over eating and snacking and drinking energy drinks. I was 165lbs for much of my HS carrer, then since senior year I strarted packing on the pounds til I was over 205lbs last January. Decided to lose the weight, and over 15 weeks I lost 50lbs through 1400 calorie a day diet and cardio a few days a week, while avoiding all sources of HFCS and junk food while getting as much fiber and protein as possible. By summer 2010 I was 155.

Only put on 20lbs since then with little cardio or diet. I plan on starting back up again with a strict diet and planning to start lifting again soon. I want to get back in shape and look somewhat decent this summer, maybe even plan to kickbox one more time so I can retire witha 2-1 record.

I will use this thread to post my diet and my lifting routines and would love to answer any questions. :wave:

2. Any tips on how to stop eating late at night? I find it so hard not to eat in the night time and I end up grabbing a lot of unhealthy shit. : 3

3. Plan out your day beforehand, and stick to it. You gotta wanna be able to make sacrafices in order to achieve anything. When I was eating good, I would have my last meal around 7 or 8 and I would be starving alll night. But I went to be with tummy growling and had a wonderful breakfast every day :) You do adjust after awhile and it becomes easier to overcome cravings, but at first it is hell on earth avoiding those cravings and growlings.

4. you're twenty two, so you know that some guys your age still work out like kids, while others work out like men. whatcha gonna do? chump it or champ it?

5. huh? I don't follow.

6. there are some twenty two year olds who dont do jack in the weight room except fuck around and laugh at their own jokes. others barely say a word, because they're too busy kicking the shit out of themselves lifting, running, pedalling and all that. it's up to whether you chump it up or champ it up.

7. [quote name='"pocket biscuits"']
    there are some twenty two year olds who dont do jack in the weight room except fuck around and laugh at their own jokes. others barely say a word, because they're too busy kicking the shit out of themselves lifting, running, pedalling and all that. it's up to whether you chump it up or champ it up.[/quote]

Gocha. Was confusing because i wasn't sure why you said it... Seems irrelevant to my post, I stated that i am experienced in working out and lifting and past goals i have made. Your advice seemed awfully generic and unrelated to anything I said. However, when I lift, i keep it simple. Lift hard. Then go home. But since i have a decent gym setup in basement i dont have to go home after, i am already home.