TIME Magazine August Issue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MasterOG, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Came home to see this sitting on the counter

[​IMG]

Thoughts? Its pretty crazy the media is reporting this

2. Dude their time magazine is terrible and full of lies/progandga.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ^LOL at that last one.

4. lol my parents are subscribed to the damned thing so ill glance over them every month, this one caught my eye the most though. I mean thats the first time ive ever seen any media outlet report the end of Europe (and maybe the West ;) ) so blatantly like that

5. wait what is wrong with TIME?

6. good ole TIME magazine....sometimes I flip through it...other times I just use to it break up my herb on...never the less it plays a role

7. Same thing that's wrong with every corporate media outlet... bias and agenda.

8. isn't every media outlet corporate unless its government or not for profit?
    I don't read it i am just curious.

What is their agenda?

9. Corporate media overwhelmingly supports keynesianism, US empire and legal paternalism. If there's one thing they universally hate it's proponents of limited, decentralized government.

Big business <3 Big government.

10. I see, and time is supportive of the US and such? They seem critical of our dismissal of the constitution

11. Don't forget fear mongering too. Any news organization you watch its all "shooting here, mugging here, beating there, blah blah blah"

12. They are not critical of our dismissal of the Constitution, in fact they support it.

From that cover story shown above:

“If the Constitution was intended to limit the federal government, it sure doesn't say so…The truth is, the Constitution massively strengthened the central government of the U.S. for the simple reason that it established one where none had existed before.”

The Constitution explicitly lists the powers of each branch of government, and the 10th amendment makes perfectly clear that any omitted power is to be reserved for the states.

Time writers are generally of the belief that everything can be squeezed under the "General Welfare" clause and the "Commerce Clause". They ascribe to the "living Constitution" interpretation, which means they can ignore what the actual writers meant and create their own meanings.

13. you forgot a couple..

[​IMG]

or is it..

[​IMG]

or??

[​IMG]

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

14. [​IMG]

Newspeak does the same thing:

[​IMG]

15. Damn it aaron! You beat me to those pics! THAT'S why TIME blows.

16. Very disturbing how the last two editions posted by AugustWest are nearly identical, The same stories listed at the top of the cover as well. 25 years and 1 day apart no less.

17. Up until now I considered TIME to be a semi-credible magazine. Learn something new everyday