Time going by too fast?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by aToker, Mar 2, 2014.

1. This may be random but for the past few months time is just going by so fast.. it's so weird. Like something I thought happened 10 min ago happened 30 minutes ago... or for example I had to return a package to tmobile in 7 days or I get fined, and me thinking it's only been like 5 days but in reality it's been 8-9 days...

Sorry if this is confusing or random but is anyone else feeling this way too?

2. #2 Doctor Toke, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
    I don't know if this is true but you may have found yourself living a sort of routine life.

If you do the same sorts of things in a cycle time can pass you by without notice. Try to do some memorable things that are real experiences and you might realize that you are more aware of passing moments.

Edit: Or you are blazed all day and don't remember shit lol

3. I just sit at home on grasscity, smoke weed, and take my dogs on walks with the occasional smoke sesh with my friends... I was living a routine but I don't goto school anymore so idk everything is just tripping me out.

I feel you, today i got up at 11 and i swear 4 hours went by in like 30 minutes. I think if you distract your self enough time seems to go by faster than it is.

5. Time is a very abstract idea as it is. Clocks and minutes are good at tracking time linearly in a visual way, but it is always there moving forward at the same rate no matter how fast or slow those numbers seem to move. So of course it feels different depending on what you spend your time doing. A day playing WoW will definitely feel different than a day in the office.

It all boils down to just doing what you enjoy. Don't become complacent, but try to enjoy every moment doing meaningful things and the swift progression won't be a worrying thing.

6. I enjoy being alone so much. Just chilling on grasscity and playing on my iPad is pure enjoyment for me..

I like hiking so I'm gonna start doing more outdoors type of things.

7. I don't doubt that you get enjoyment from those solitary things, but trust me when I say that a certain type of joy comes from being with people. You may not realize it because its been so long, but you eventually get out of the "people" loop and have to work your way back in. It seems weird, but it takes practice to become an effective people person. Trust me I've had to reenter after a while in solitude myself.

Why don't you join a class in something you enjoy? Try to make new friends or simply talk to people. It gets easier the more you do it and most everything is better with someone else there.

8. I know what you mean. I do have a handful of friends that I hangout with twice a week. I volunteer at a youth group thing at my church on tuesdays, and I have an hour of school tuesday and thursday... I'm not a busy person but I definitely have things to do.

I know what you mean about the people loop I was out of it for a while and was really depressed and wanted to die.. I'm happy now and everything is good. Depression is just a faze. Everything is a faze just like how time is going by so fastly.

9. this guys got it. Right now i got 4-6 weeks till im home and out of the military. Now that i have a time frame of when ill actually be done the past few days have just draged on. But the previous months very recent in my memory seemed to fly by just like wow another week gone. Im just going to try and forget about it somehow but im way to excited its all i think about.

Also what some one else said if you get in a rut/ daily routine youll look around and be like whoaa what month is it?

10. What is time anyways? So all of a sudden someone said oh its 1 oclock and thats when time started? Lol but im glad time goes fast for me. Im sick of this probation and ready to get off. Lately days have been going by pretty quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Its the weed bro...

In all seriousness though it seems my years go by faster and faster. Its because each year is a less % of your life.

Like 1 year when your 2 is 50% of your life...then 33.3% then 25% etc

When your 100 1 year is 1% of your life so it seems like nothing.

I don't know if what I said makes sense or is even relevant.  :confused_2:  :smoking: 

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393945358.016511.jpg

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

13. Like everyone else said, change your routine, do things that are worth remembering. If you do the same thing everyday your brain pretty much goes on autopilot doing what its used to.

14. #14 King Willie, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    It's only gonna feel faster as you get older. It's inevitable.

15. This guys got it.

16. That tripped me out and is the best assumption I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I know what your saying bro

The rich people that own time decided to speed things up because they need to get the ball rolling on WW3 before the members die and their sons take over [/sarcasm]

Seriously I feel like time has been going so much faster. Maybe it is just aging 

18. #18 aToker, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Iii

19. my uncle said that if you feel like time is going faster then you're getting old

20. Felt this way since I was 14

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum