Time for harvest leave it to the pro's...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mattlindon1996, Jul 31, 2017.

1. [​IMG][​IMG] it says 6 weeks today would be day 74 from seed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 6 week flowering plant but has been growing for a good 74 days now

3. Looks good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks bro my first time growing inside a lot harder then outside I find

5. I was going to leave it to day 80 but. That might be to long

6. Check your trichs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. Where could I find one for cheep to like at them

8. Amazon/eBay
    Or local electronics store

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. They are all fogey now some are starting to turn Amber but would the buds get any bigger !?

10. IMG_2415.JPG IMG_2417.JPG

11. What's that yield any guesses ???

12. Pretty danky sticky nuggets!!

13. Amazon had them jewelers loupe. I would get atleast a y0x

14. 60x

• Like Like x 1
  15. It would have been more likely to get bigger if it had more fan leaves. I've done a few trials with defoliation. Now I keep it under control to a minimum on top. I remove growth from the bottom up until the canopy is 12-18" deep. If you have growth below that it's not getting optimal light. Sculpt the plant so most of the buds are in the hot zone of the lighting.

How long a plant takes in flower can vary wildly in different gardens with different grow methods, conditions, and lighting. Less intense lighting, problems in the grow, less then optimal genetics, ect, ect. can all play a role in how long a plant can take to finish. I would say average is 9-11 weeks for small scale home indoor. I've only had one strain that was actually done 8 weeks from changing to 12/12. Everything else takes at least 9 to be optimal and I've had one take 14 that was almost pure sativa.

Generally if the plant is still shooting out fresh new white pistils the buds will continue to grow. 98% of strains will drop to having almost no new pistils on the main tops when they are close to done.

I find too many people want to rely on just looking at the glands to determine when a plant is done. The amber glands are the oldest glands. The plant continues to grow new glands as it matures. You can miss out on lots of weight of bud if you cut a plant down weeks before it was all the way ripe.

I also don't think its a bad thing at all to let one go an extra week just to make sure you think it's really done growing. I've never harvested a plant, cured it, tired the smoke, and thought to myself. "Boy I really ruined this one letting it go those extra 2 weeks." That just doesn't happen. It's always the other way around. You cut it too early.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I veg my plants for about 9-10 weeks now days and flower for 9 usually. 74 days from seed is a baby. This one dealt with an air pump failure among other problems but still made about 12-13oz's of good buds and over a pound if you include larf.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tell me more about growing that plant lol
    Size of tent? Lights grown under?
    Just curious on learning growing methods since I am only on my 2nd grow and manifolded my 4 ladies in the 5x5 tent with 5 p300s

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I used a storage bin I used
    3 light bulb CFL's i had only a 3 foot growing space 1 and a half foot whide [​IMG] I was going cheep as I just wanted to try the CFL I think it was my lighting but I thought thoes light would be good as you see only 2 boxes I had 2 lights of the smaller box and the one bigger one to have an equal of 3 CFL and 1 florecent [​IMG][​IMG]

19. IMG_2420.JPG IMG_2423.JPG

20. #20 Tbone Shuffle, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    That is a blue dream in a 3.5 gallon DWC bucket. It was vegged for 10 weeks under 2 90 watt California Lightworks vegmaster leds in a 4x4 with many other plants. I'm only running 11.25 watts per square in my veg tent and it's like a jungle. The growth isn't as fast as it would be with more wattage but it's just sipping the electricity and obviously the plants are about as large as will fit in my tent so I couldn't really veg them larger.

It was feed with mostly GH nutrients. I have near their whole line. I also use AN piranha, budcandy, hydroguard, and hygrozyme. It was flowered in a 4x4 space as well with one other plant. It would have been even bigger if I budded it by itself. It was really too large to share that space and both plants were crowded. It still ended up good.

I flowered it with a platinum p900 and a p450 both in a 4x4 for a total of 770 actual watts.

My home setup is a 4x8 tent split in half with a 4x4 veg side and a 4x4 bud side. Averaging close to a pound and a half each crop now that I've got rolling and figuring out what I'm doing. Way more then that if you count larf. I have over a pound of small buds and trim to make edibles out of just from last harvest.

I've just replaced my p450 with a QB260 quantum board led that's around the same wattage as the p450. Those qb's are jaw dropping. Cheaper and twice the light. They are literally blinding. I can't believe how much light it puts out. I've never seen an indoor light that bright and my plants have responded like crazy underneath it. The plants that are on the side of the tent that the QB is on have pushed up right past the other tops. I had to supercrop all the tops on my white rhino because they were going to burn.

As soon as the QB260's are back in stock I'll be ordering another one and my p900 will go up for sale. I'm hoping to get $400 for it. Might be a hard sell. Only 18 months of use roughly. I can already tell that 2 QB260's in a 4x4 will outgrow my old setup with less wattage and no annoying burple light. Growmau5 got 1.69grams/watt from his quantum board light and the grow had problems. I bet he would have broke 2g/watt if it went well. That is the highest growing efficiency I've seen from any light or grower for that matter. Nobody gets that good.

• Like Like x 1