Time for flowering?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by df47, Jun 1, 2019.

1. 504D613F-B205-47C4-B2B1-8A04AE5F7B5B.jpeg Hey guys just wondering when you all think it’s time to flower? I know mine are no where near ready obviously but this is my first grow and I just want some information on how to go about it and when to do it.
    I’ve heard that when you want them to flower you switch the light cycle to 12 on 12 off, is this true?

2. Yes, once you switch the light schedule to 12/12 the plants will begin to flower soon after. They’ll stretch a bit first! But no, I don’t want you to flower them yet. Give them a few weeks. Try bending it over and tying it down. It’s allow some of the undergrowth to access direct light and grow to be too buds. You could even top it. Topping it will create two main colas instead of one. You could do this like twice over the next four weeks and get a lot of weed. You could flip those now and get a little. But they look young and may not be mature enough to flower. How old are they?

3. Okay thanks for the info, I don’t really know much about topping as this is my first grow so I’m a little worried about trying that’s all
    They are around 4 weeks old now

4. Hey man, your plants are going to grow a LOT in the first 2 - 3 weeks of flowering. Like double or sometimes could be more. It's important if you have limited space to use a training technique. Here are some Photos to give you a good idea of what I mean by this and what to expect when you go into flowering.

Photo one is day 1 of flowering and photo 2 is after the stretch roughly 2 and a half weeks. I have trained them under the net to limit height, If I didn't do this they would be much much taller

IMG_20190606_003838.jpg IMG_20190624_220751.jpg

IMG_20190602_123751.jpg IMG_20190620_224030.jpg

And please mate don't be worried about topping. That's how I have so many main colas as apposed to your one main cola. If you cut the top off it the next two branches down become mains instead. It's something every novice should start with nothing to be afraid of, I top each tip twice to get so many so maybe just try it once and see what happens once you have done it and added to your yeild you won't look back, it's all about being able to control the shape of the plant to maximize your plants use of the lights footprint