Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Time for a new piece!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Insomniac13, Jul 25, 2012.

1. What's up GC? I've been inactive on the forum for a little while (had to get a job working ridiculous hours :p) but I'm back! Now the bad news. I used to be a big fan of one hitter/dugout setups, mostly because of the convenience of having all your stuff in one place, but recently, somebody jacked my dugout :(
    Sorry for the stereotypical "What should I buy?" nature of this post, but I'm in the market for a new piece. I'm a big fan of portability, so a bong is out of the question, but I'm looking for something cool to smoke out of :D

Anybody have suggestions? Price isn't really an issue, although I'm pretty thrifty so I can always appreciate a purchase with good value. I do a lot of smoking while I'm walking or on the move (I like to adventure), but I also like a piece I can sit back and pass around. This is where the one hitter lacked, it held a very limited amount with each pack. I'm also looking into a grinder, so I can get more into rolling, so suggestions for a grinder of solid value are welcome.

TL;DR: I want a piece that's good for using on the move but holds a decent amount of bud, and I want a nice grinder. The price tag isn't a big issue, but I'd rather not spend a lot if possible.

Fire away, Blades!

2. I was going to say Mflb but for passing it around it's only good for 2-3 people so i'd recommend getting a nice spoon and maybe one that isn't too big so you can be stealthy. and for a grinder it doesn't matter As long as you don't get a super cheapo one.

3. Thanks for the input dude, a spoon was one of my first considerations because I've had one or two in the past. The MFLB seems like it'd be super convenient though, I've been interested in one for a while, thanks for reminding me :D do you have one? If you do, how do you like it? Thanks in advance :)

4. Buy yourself a good hand blown sherlock bubbler. They're a fantastic medium of portability, and cooled smoke. And not to mention they generally stand up on their own, and they look dope as fuck. Some of them use the bowl and carb system, where others use a slide. They can go for anywhere from 25-??? $. Shop around at head shops, online, and the GC store. Hope you find something you'll use for a long time.

PS. A spoon pipe is a fantastic investment aswell. Hits you like a god damn brick.

5. Get an inline diffuser and ash catcher and a j-pipe and make a custom bubbler. You can really tweak it how YOU want it then.

6. You should just buy a medium sized spoon. (6-8 in) itll cost you about 30-40 dollars at a headshop for high quality. They are portable enough to fit in your pocket, can hold on average .3g in the bowl, and will hit well. I advise you to check out gogopipes.com. they have some great pieces for great prices.

7. Hey man:). First, as others have said, a spoon is the best for your situation. Now, the above site that taterboy mentioned is great for cheap pieces but you get what you pay for and they are made of thin china glass. I would know because my one and only piece is from that website. Now dont get me wrong, I love my piece, and It does the job. As for the grinder, and since money isnt an issue, DEFINETELY get a space case. Dont ask any question just get one:cool:. Anyway, I hope you get something thats nice.

PS-If you dont find something on gogopipes or if you dont want to get something from there definetly check out the GC shop and wickiepipe.com. Best of luck!

8. Thanks for all the contributions guys, I'm really leaning towards a spoon now, but I'm also very interested in an MFLB. Hell, maybe I'll get both :smoke:
    And I'm interested in a space case. I'd rather dish out the cash for one now than go through several grinders like some of my friends have :p

9. I'd say a bubbler. I had a little spoon I would use, and it would get the job done. However, I just bought a bubbler and it definitely goes beyond the abilities of the spoon! I picked one up for $50, but I'm sure you can find a cheaper one. A MFLB would be cool too, and you wouldn't even need a grinder if you go that!