Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Klipp, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Alright so I've heard that the older weed is the better it is. Since my Dad and step-mom are splitting up they are going to have to sell their house. I've been thinking of putting some weed inside of a tupperwear container then in a box or something then burying it underground until the next time I go back to the house with my brother and step sister. (which will probably be in like 5 years)

I just want to know if it's a bad idea to bury it and if anyone has other suggestions of where to put it.

2. I would get something better than a tupperware, get some high quality stuff if your planning to leave it for five years or more. But I would also advise you to not bury it because so many things could happen. You could not remember where it was buried because the whole place is different. They could find it at get rid of it. And I'm sure plenty of other things could happen. If you do make sure you bury it with something that you can pick up on a metal detector so can easily find it. But if I were you I would hide it where nobody would look and include a note in the box saying don't move this, I will come back for it, love precious resident of the house. And you might want to check the thread about the guy who just smoked 7 year old weed, doesn't sound too pleasant.

3. Well I'm not to worried about anyone finding it my yard is pretty big. The problem with hiding it inside the house where nobody would look is that I'd need to be able to get into the house. Oh and the 7 year old weed that the guy smoked was probably moist when it was put inside the tube so I'm guessing it got moldy because all the things I've read about people smoking old weed is that it's amazing.

4. Weed starts deteriorating and degrading after TOO much time stored. It's just like wine, aged wine is better than fresher wine, but age it too much and you get vinegar. 5 years sounds like too much for weed.

If you're gonna go for it though, I'd make sure to store it in the darkest, coolest, driest place you can find, inside a small airtight glass jar, within another container.

Happy Toking!

5. Dosn't sound like a good idea.... maybe if you put it in a air-tight glass jar inside like 3 layers of air-tight tuperware.... and thats only if your 100% sure the weed is 100% dry.... or else it will mold or degrade ..... even then though....it still dosn't sound like a good Idea... I wouldn't do it... maybe a bottle of liquor or something is what I would bury... not weed

6. No don't do it man. Seriously there's no point if all you're going to do is open it in 5 years. Weed will be the same in 5 years and all you're doing is prolonging the inevitable tokage that the weed you are storing will give you. I say just toke it now and let your future self get his own shit

7. i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.
    if your bud is 100% dry (no moisture at all) you're left with a harsh, crumbly bud that's sure to burn your throat.

8. Just a thought here, why not just bury a bottle of vodka or whatever with some weed inside and have some very potent green dragon when you come back to it in 5 years?

9. #9 DaFt VaDer420, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This ^^

10. Good idea and I'll throw the weed from my last sesh in there to see what happens

11. You mean the ash? If it pre-burned you'll get little-to-no added effect and you'll make the whole batch taste like shit. If it's vaped it might be worth it but ive never used a vape - anyone who has think it's a good idea? Would it taste good?

12. There was a post earlier today where a guys mom found seven year old grown weed that his dad grew and then found, and he said it tasted like the most nastiest shit ever. Like dust and mug

13. no i mean the weed that i don't end up smoking that i'd probably smoke at school the next day or something

14. since when is it true that older weed is better? i was under the impression that fresh bud is far superior. i don't think it works like alcohol.....

15. I would say vacuum pack it. Get one of those vacuum sealers and put a few large nugs in a sealed bag. The lack of air will slow deterioration and keep your weed from molding.

16. ive already done it and it worked fine :/