Timberline organic compost

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BeZtoken, Dec 3, 2011.

1. BeZ, I am literally in the EXACT same position you were about a month ago. I am in the metro detroit area, and all I can find is the Dairy Doo COW compost. I was hoping to find the poultry compost but no one carries the shit (see what I did there) until mid april. The drive to Dairy Doo farms is like 3 hours, and I talked to Brad Morgan this morning and he said that I could either have it shipped to my house for $20 a bag or wait until April.

Any helpful tips on my quest?

Kush

2. I'm using the Dairy cow compost and there EWC and I like what I'm seeing. When I brew them my plants always react positively too. So just go with what you can for now and get what you want when It's available. I would like to know how that chicken compost works tho.

BeZ...V

3. Ight I'll go pick up the compost tomorrow, and I'll watch for the chicken compost for the next one or to mix in. I can't wait until my own compost is ready and I can make my own ewc!

Kush

4. Sorry to raise a dead thread, but I had to vent. Nine years later, and it's still almost impossible to find a decent compost in Michigan. Two years ago, I was so relieved to discover that a farm supplies store in a nearby town carried Purple Cow compost. It has been my source since then, but unfortunately, this year they stopped carrying it. So down to Lansing I go, with hope in my heart. Four stores later, and the best I could find was Black Kow composted manure. I am discontented. Also, wearing that damn mask sucks ass.

Yes, I need to get my own compost going. But in the meantime... Shit.