Tim Tebow is coverboy of NCAA Football 11'

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by stickey_fingerz, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Florida's Tim Tebow chosen for cover of 'NCAA Football 11' - Game Hunters: In search of video games and interactive awesomeness - USATODAY.com

alright before tebow haters come in here... i believe tebow is the right choice, because these kids are in college they are not able to be on the cover of the game until after they graduate.

the only reason i believe people have a problem with tebow being on the cover, is because of his failure of a senior season.. but if he graduated after winning a nat'l title or the Heisman a lot more people wouldn't have a problem with him being on the cover....

the article says he led his team to nat'l titles in 2006 and 2008 WRONG.. he was backup in 2006.

2. He's not even in college anymore

Hey, let's put Steve Young on Madden '11

3. i addressed this, i am almost positive you aren't allowed on the cover until you graduate..

same reason players names are never put into the games..

"Players' real names and exact likenesses are not used in the game. While the Madden NFL series uses real player names and likenesses, those players are compensated for the use of their image. In order to use NCAA players' names, they would have to provide the players with compensation. Due to NCAA restrictions on the amateur status of athletes, this is not allowed." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Football_series

4. They always do a player who just graduated, except im pretty sure desmond howard was way after he graduated. Anyway, I'm really not surprised he's on the cover. Personally, i hate him and he is one of the few people who i would actually sucker punch on the street if i saw them. But he gets his dick ridden 24/7 so who else would they put on the cover? I remember at the combine when it was non-stop Tebow Time, the guy could throw 500 picks in a single game and he'd still be getting his nuts polished by every other sports writer/analyst/reporter/asshole in the entire world. He's a glorified fullback and he's on the cover of NCAA, but he won a national championship and is the golden child of florida i can't hate him over this decision. I personally would have liked to see Suh's giant ass on the cover but there aren't a lot of media orgasms like tebow around.

5. I understand they had rules to work around, I'm saying their solution was stupid

6. well in that regard i guess i agree.. if they could put current players on the cover, he shouldnt have gone on the cover... but he should have gone on the cover in 2007 or 2008 when he did do something spectacular...

7. was there any doubt tebow would be on the cover?

first sophmore to win the heisman and helped win 2 national championships

8. i am so fucking sick of hearing about tebow.

Can he just be drafted and fail already, like the rest of the UF QB hype magnets?

9. Win.

He's not going to do anything in the NFL. Look at his unorthodox throwing motion... ugh

10. Awesome stuff

11. i hope a division rival takes him.

Living in Jacksonville is difficult around the time of the draft, every stupid fucker in the city refuses to buy tickets unless we draft the entire gator draft class.

News flash: There have been two good Gators in the NFL:

1. Emmitt Smith
    2. Fred Taylor

12. besides grossman who wasnt even drafted that high who was hyped? same with tebow and he's not getting drafted that high or expected to do much in the league

and the hype is cuz he was a sick college player for the last 4 years and is one of the best and most accomplished of all time

hate on

13. Every Florida player is hyped.

And nfl.com has analysts saying he might go #9 overall to the Bills.

And yeah, he was good at throwing 4 yard slants, and playing fullback from the shotgun position. That doesn't cut it in the pro's.