tieing down for LST

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jagonzo, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Hello to all This is my first post on grasscitty. i'm a first time grower and i'm going to do some LST on my plants soon. i just have a question, would using thin strips of cut up plastic bag be of use for the tie downs? I've been low on supplies the whole way of my grow but managed to scrounge everything up need for a grow box down to the potting soil. unfortunately i have not been able to come across any wire, cloth strips, or anything else but i do have plastic bags i was thinking i could cut into strips to use. would that be a good idea?

2. Yeah you can cut strips and twist them into ropes. They'd be good too because they give a little

3. I apologize! I'm sorry. Welcome to GrassCity! And congratulations on starting your first grow! I hope it goes well :)

4. thanks for the welcome! I've been reading a lot and am very impressed with thew amount of information provided on this site. i haven't come across any problems with something and not found an answer. i was just wanting to make sure that the plastic wouldn't have any negative effects. XD

5. I use dental floss and either holes in the pot to tie them to or q-tips stuck in the soil.

6. Wire hangers work well too. Or hemp string

7. I use pipe cleaners, they are very easy to keep re-adjusting.

Stips of plastic grocery/Walmart bags should work fine, clever idea. That's one of the beauties of LST, there are so many ways to do it. As long as the material holds and doesn't cut into the plant then it's fine.

8. O pipe cleaners would be really good and easy to use and I have a bunch around the house

9. I use pieces of a clothes hanger. Easy to stick in the dirt and usually stay put pretty well

10. I use the pipe cleaners as well. They work very well and there easy to adjust.