tied em down!!!????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by n.e crippler, Aug 12, 2007.

1. sup yall, mmmmkay. First time outdoor grower here. I had some seeds from some killer mids i had this winter. started 70 now i have like 35 or something. anyway, like 6 of them are already at like 7 feet tall. They are in a field so we just tied the tops down. Has anyone else ever done this? if so, was it worth the effort?

2. many people on this site do that. when you tie it down it lets more light get parts of the plant that are usually more shaded. this causes new shoots to grow and makes your plant bushier.

3. yeah, that's what i've read everywhere so i figured i'd give it a shot. I planted a patch of 6 and four ended up female so i had to spread them out a little. I had like a 7 footer bushy as hell, the bottom was shaded so i tied it down. I'll probably yield more right? I hope it doesn't adversely effect my plant

4. damn man 7 feet?! get some pics of that up please

5. yes, you will most definatly yeild more because by tieing it down you get light to those places that don't usually get light