TIE DOWN...... Different methods

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by medicinalcure, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Ok so here it is! For all of you who love experimenting, and trying new methods to growing weed heres a few things you might enjoy.

TIE DOWN # 1 (THE BUSH)

PLEASE NOTE: Always have your plant in its final pot size before tieing down your plant.

This method involves having a roll of yarn or string by your side for a lot of the vegetation stage. The purpose of this is every 6 inches of new growth you want to tie down to let new growth produce in different ways and create vigerous stamina then your average straight up plant would contain.

Now the first thing I like to do is buy bamboo stick (Thin) and stick one main piece in the end of my pot gently into the soil. I now tie the main stock of my plant to this Bamboo before tieing anything else down. that way you avoid uprooting your plant later on in the process.

Then about every 6 Inches of new growth I tie down to either to my main bamboo piece or any of the other 3 i sunk into the soil of my pot.

In about 3 weeks you will notice the bush you have started creating, Now you can either keep tieing until she buds and finishes, or you can untie the plant before you start budding and you may notice once the plant stretches back out that you have a plant with 42 NICE top buds :)

TIE DOWN # 2 (THE SOG ... Not cloning though)

In this method you want to produce a large plant, with a thick stock.... which in theory will be supporting 8 or how many 1.5 foot plants on it.

Ok so this method is for those growers who might be a tad impatient when it comes to waiting for clones to root.

What I like to do.... And I use this method a lot. I grow my plant to about 2 feet tall, growing straight up in the air. At about 2 feet i then tie a knot on the main stock, close to the crown top bud. and tie down (GENTLY) creating the stem to go completly horizontal
    or sideways.

In about a day you will notice (like all plants) all your branch off 's or what i Like to call potential clones are now reaching for the light or pointing Straight up from the main stock.

You have now created a mini SOG ... where you now have entire control of your mini plants... Which are based off of the main stock.... So in theory, what buds off a plant is everything branching off the plant besides the top. If you clip these branches you then create clones....... So by tieing your plant down, your now growing 8 or 10 clones which you can concentrate big buds off of.

Will post more tonight!