Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tickets from Park Rangers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Duboshey, Jan 16, 2014.

1. #1 Duboshey, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    I was in South Dakota in the hills and me and my friends got pulled over by park rangers and searched. I got possession of marijuana. He said it was just a ticket that we had to pay. No court dates just mail the payment. It end up having the address somewhere in Pennsylvania. He also made it sound like it was just payment and wouldnt go on my record. Is this true? Will it show up on a background check for jobs? Thanks any help appreciated.

2. I don't know. Maybe, I do know that most national parks are fed property, and if that's the case for you. Then no...you'll get a mailed court date, and probably some probation. If it's a State thing then I suggest you google. 

3. I havnt been mailed a court date. It happened almost 2years ago. I just paided when I got it.

4. If you do paid it. Then that is an admisson of guilt, so technically yes it is on your record. but don't worry about it. NO ONE! Not even most of the highest security clearance jobs care about a misdemeanor possestion of marijuana charge. 

5. #5 Duboshey, Jan 16, 2014
    So a background check made in MN for job at sears shouldnt effect me?

6. #6 Funk-D, Jan 16, 2014

No, those general background checks for jobs like at Sears, look for one thing only. Felonies, and even then only violent felonies are like a guaranteed no hire. Lol, that's funny...scared you might not get the job at sears. 

nah The background checks there are probably just done in some big office somewhere, and as long as you're not a violent offender, or a sex offender or something like that, you're good to go.

8. #8 Duboshey, Jan 16, 2014
    Thanks for the help much appreciated. I'm in a need for this job like crazy because I have alot of bills to pay and if I dont get this job I am screwed. So yes I'm a paranoid stoner lol. But thanks dude calm my nerves. I think its because I had to quit smoking for drug test they might do lol