ticket for being at a park after dark? (please help)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by supernothing351, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ok so apparently i was oblivious to there being a law that its illegal to be in a park after dark in my area. me and my girlfriend went to get some coffee and we decided to go to a park and just hang out in my car. we started making out and right after a cop pulls up and throws us both tickets for "tresspassing in a park after dark". apparently they have been having problems with people being in the park at night. which i assume as drug activity. but there was no weed smokage at all. i didnt have anything in my car. cops are so desperate to meet their ticket quota in my area. so i have to go to court in march.

i have a few questions for you guys.
    what type of court is this? similar to traffic court with 100 other people just saying guilty or not guilty? or a higher court where there are questions being asked? if so is it possible for me to get out of it since we werent doing anything illegal and i wasnt aware of the law? (if there is any mercy involved) and what type of consequence will i be looking at? im aware that if it passes i will have a misdemeanor on my record. and how big of a fine should i be expecting?

thanks in advance for any help, i really dont wanna be paying a huge fine for something so gay.

2. You got written up for trespassing, your fine. You might have to pay some fines but your going to be straight.

Tell them the truth if they ask. You were out with you lady having coffee at the park in her car. No big deal. It shouldn't be anything above traffic court. Thats so damn petty.

3. Aww that pig blocked your cock.

4. infraction or misdemeanor?

Infraction you may just get a notice in the mail and be able to pay it and never go to court or if there is court it will be very much like traffic court (and maybe even the same court as that).

Misdemeanor will be slightly more formal of a process but you should still be able to plead and go pay your fine and move on (if thats what you decide to do).

5. I've gotten a ticket for the same thing in southern California with a friend of mine. It ended up almost being like $170 which is ridiculous. From what I remember it was a very low class misdemeanor, but all you'll get is a fine really. If you don't pay it though, that's when there are problems. Happened to my friend, lol.

6. I think it's illegal to be in a park anywhere after dark... I got to do some research.

7. Every park in the world closes at dusk dude. Lmao

8. Nah where I live parks close at like 11. And if a cop stops ypu he probably won't give you a ticket.

9. There will be no jury, just present your case to the judge, and the cop will also, and the judge will decide on what to do. If the cop doesn't show your free to go no fine or anything. Gl bro.

10. hey thanx for the info guys. yeah i got cock blocked by a pig BushSquatting. and that sucks Tabbit, ive had to pay a $330 ticket for 63 in a 35 so that wouldnt be so bad for me haha, still sucks tho. my g/f works for the state and she was afraid shed get fired. i told her that she probably wasnt and it turned out she didnt. she talked to the lawyer where she works and she said the misdemeanor will probably be dropped. and i just talked to my friend and he said that he stole 50 cases of beer from a ball park and his misdemeanor got dropped. so im thinking mine will definitely be dropped. i sure damn hope so.

11. ...The fuck?

Theres a law you can't be in a park after dusk?
    A little while back me and about 6 others were chilling at a park at ~4 am.
    Damn, gotta be more cautious now.

12. i just went there, gave the cunt 50 bucks and left

oh and on my way out I totally grabbed this cops gun and fuckin blew everyone away, got my 50 back bought some weed n shit