Tick on nutsack

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadRowers, Apr 17, 2010.

1. So to get to my outdoor grow, I have to walk through this young forest like terrain. Well there are a shit ton of ticks there everywhere so I always check myself for ticks when I get back.

Well this sneaky fucker planted himself right on the underside of my balls, and he must have been there for like a day or 2.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that I didn't get lyme disease. That would suck having to show the doctor a bullseye rash on my nuts...

By the way, I've had lyme disease before. Last June I had a tick that I removed fairly quickly, but a week later there was a bullseye rash around it. No biggie, just went to the doctor, showed him the rash, and he gave me some antibiotics.

Ticks suck.

2. yuck, ya I hate them! Chiggers too or however you spell that

3. #3 PennLaxPlayer, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    Go to the doctor anyway. Less then 50%( I believe, could be higher or lower by 20%, would have to go find it on Med.com or something.) of tick bites which lead to lymes disease, do not display the common bullseye rash.

My friends older sister got lymes disease and never had the bullseye. Go now and you could avoid months of medication.

OUCH your in for a shock. Glad I did a google search.

It is also referred to as a "bull's eye" rash yet the bull's eye formation only occurs in 9% of cases.

Overall a rash of any kind from Lyme disease occurs or is recalled in only 30% + cases so no evidence or recall of a rash does NOT mean no Lyme Disease to the clinician.

Basicly, in less then 30% of the cases in which people had confirmed lyme's disease. Only 30% had a rash. Only 9% had a bullseye rash.

Source: http://www.canlyme.com/rash.html

This myth needs to end badly :D

4. Once I got chiggers all over my crotch/ass area...sucked dick. Had to cover all the spots in nail polish to kill them lol...no fun.

But yeah, definitely go ASAP to avoid any problems. Better safe than sorry!

5. Yeah dude if you got health insurance please go. If you don't, then go a free clinic. Lymes disease doesn't look to fun when you start the meds. Freinds' sister was sick alot for the first couple of weeks.

6. man now u guys got me freaking out...i had a couple ticks on me a few days ago...not on my nutsack though

7. #7 DeadRowers, Apr 17, 2010
    Thanks for the interest in my well being guys, but I am not too worried about it. I've gotten ~15 tick bites a year from being an outdoors person, and I'm not gonna go to the doctor every time I get one.

According to :
    Fauci, Anthony S. (2008). Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine: Editors, Anthony S. Fauci ... [Et Al.]. McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing. pp. Chapter 166. ISBN 0-07-159991-6.

The rash occurs in 80% on cases, and in almost all cases there is at least one physical symptom, commonly the rash, and also common flu-like symptoms. I'll be monitoring myself for any rashes, and obviously flu-like symptoms I notice.

Like I said I've already gotten Lyme before, it really wasn't that bad. Symptoms show up in a week, and if treated within 2-3 weeks there are no lasting effects.

We'll see I guess.

Also, just found this:
    [​IMG]

My location is right in the minimal-low risk area. Shouldn't be a problem. Idk how I got it last time though. Well, last time, I was never diagnosed with it, I just had a bullseye rash around a tick bite. No flu symptoms or anything, but the doctor gave me amoxycillin just in case.

8. Pics or it didn't happen.

wait wut

9. I agree, show us your nutsack!

wait wut

10. I used to get terrified when I'd find a tick on me when I lived in Jersey (which I swear is the deer tick capital...)... I'm lucky I haven't found any out here in Cali.... one more positive to staying on the west coast...

Finding one on your balls has to suck though... ugh...

11. DAMN YOU HIGH RISK ZONE!!

Yea everytime i go into the woods and come home im always scared of finding a tick. I find about 1 on me every time i go, but i usually just fel them crawling around before they bite :)

Imagin a person not knowing what a tick was, and getting it on their pubic area, they might think its a giant crab or something :p

12. I found one on my balls like 2days after as well and just plucked him off. I dont think his head was in tho. It itched for a while tho.

13. thank god its a low risk down here. i have had a tick before on my nutsack i swear. i used to go to a camp in arkansas and i got one. was not fun getting it off

14. Sorry I wouldn't go trusting a site that goes with 80% of tick bites result in a rash. My information could definatly be wrong, but I honestly think you just looked for evidence to invalidate mine, and ignore the fact you are being irresponsible with your own health. You shouldn't go out everytime you get one. But when you get that many....

And high risk zones mean nothing in my opinion. I am in a "low risk zone." but to my north is a high risk zone. Too bad this graph does not realize we live in a city. So more people aren't walking in tall grass, and forests. I would still consider this a high risk area becuase I rarely see anyone walk in tall grass. But in the high risk zone to the north, I know for a fact they are out in the fields every day.

I'd get checked, but thats just me. I would rather not deal with the hassle considering I can walk to my doctors, and he can do the test in a minute.

15. #15 DeadRowers, Apr 17, 2010
    Maybe you blades have heard of tea tree oil before?

It's what I have used ever since I was little to remove ticks. Just soak a cotton ball with it and hold it on the tick for about 5-10 minutes, possibly longer. 95% of the time they just let go and start crawling around again and then you can catch them.

16. Or a lighter. Never in my life have I had tea tree oil on hand while in the forest. :D

Everytime I get them I have to try to burn them out, then use a knife that has some type of blood/guts on it if it doesn't jump off to get it's teeth out so I don't get an infection.

Digging into your calf with a knife at 2am in the rain is fun as hell :p

17. Fuckin' ticks. I remember once I had just come inside from being in the woods and tall grass. I felt a tickle in my pubic hair. I ran into the bathroom and pulled down my pants... Of course, there was a tick making its way through my pubes. Sneaky fuckers.

18. #18 DeadRowers, Apr 17, 2010
    They are extremely sneaky haha. Usually if I sit still and focus, I can feel them crawling. Caught 2 in 30 seconds the other day :smoke:

I'm not just trusting a website, I'm trusting a reliable book of medicine. In my opinion, a book published by a respectable firm, McGraw-Hill, is more trustworthy than your website which lacks any reliable source. Also, when I went into the doctor last time, he said that most cases of Lyme start with a rash. Once again I will trust a doctor, however much I dislike them, over a website. m not trying to pick fights or anything, but I feel I should explain my reasoning.

By the way, Quite frankly I am always "irresponsible" with my health. I have NO immunizations besides tetanus. I obtained a "religious" exemption to attend public school, and am using the same exemption for college. I never wash my hands, I never use hand sanitizer, I don't use bandaids, neosporin, or hydrogen peroxide when I get skin injuries (I longboard and these happen fairly frequently), I have had 2 prescriptions in my life, and I eat food lying on the ground.

Despite all my supposed "bad health" practices, I don't get sick. I haven't missed one single day of school or work in 6 years due to illness, and that "illness" was poison ivy. I don't get headaches or stomachaches, I don't have any allergies, I don't get checkups at the doctor (I haven't even had a physical in more than 6 years), and I've never been to the hospital.

Basically what I'm saying is that based on my personal experiences of disregarding modern health practices, I find the medical system flawed to say the least. And that is why I only visit the doctor when absolutely necessary, once when I had an ear infection in like 6th grade, and last year when I had a bullseye rash around a tick bite.

19. Haw man fuckin Ticks, I had one right behind my ear once. I had a good friend of mine got a tick plant'd right on hiz balls when we were camping once, eeep.

20. Why use tea tree oil that takes 5-10 minutes to work when you can just use clear nail polish that kills them in seconds?