Thumping heart after smoking

Discussion in 'General' started by basa skune, Mar 23, 2013.

1. I had a bad experience smoking weed, let me explain.

So I dont smoke that often, about once or twice a month, preferably alone. And I always just chill, relax and enjoy the high but the last 2 times I smoked were very strange for me.

Today is saturday and about a week ago I purchased a gram of some pretty good stuff. So I smoked about half of it on the same day and watched The Hobbit and I felt my heart started racing and beating every time something dramatic happened - like some big fight or some shit like that. I just thought I was excited and didn't payed much attention to it.

The second time though, it was a lot worse. Thursday night I took half of the stuff and went to my neighbour's to smoke, we met around 11 pm and we smoked and hanged outside for about one to two hours and almost immediately I felt thumping in my chest. I do experience thumping from time to time when I start smoking but it always goes away after few hits.

I returned home and the thumping was becoming faster and stronger, I could hear the heart like I never heard it before, I felt every pump it made and it wasn't a great feeling. Let me just say that I don't believe I had a panic attack, I know how they look like and it wasn't that.

I realized this was no normal thing, so I turned the music off, laid down and started breathing slowly and finaly the heart stopped beating like a maniac but it was still beating fast and strong.

The next morning I felt a slight preassure in my chest and I still felt the heart pumping so I went to the gym because I figured I will feel better after some exercise and at first I thought I will get a heart attack, but after lifting some weights and a very easy cardio I felt better.

I do have a problem with elevated blood preasure, but it isn't critical, I had a scan of my heart done about 2 years ago, so I know my heart doesn't have any pre-existing conditions, I go to gym 5 days a week and I live heathly and I smoke for about 3 years now and I never had this problem. I thought it was the weed, but 2 of my friends, the 1 that smoked with me on thursday night and another who bought the same stuff from the dealer told me thay haven't experienced anything unusual.
    And today 2 days from that night, I still don't feel 100% OK

I just want to know If anybody had a problem like this, damn it scared me, I'm not smoking for a long time, not before I'm sure that my heart is ok.

2. This is really weird... I've had a similar experience which i was just going to post about.

So I was a 3 weeks into my T-Break (I'm normally a chronic smoker) and was really craving, but couldn't get my hands on any organic stuff, but picked up some Synthetic instead. Anyway, i smoked it twice one night, everything was fine, and then i smoked it about 10am the next day, but my heart rate went up and up, harder and harder. I honestly thought i was about to die. My pulse rate got easily above 160bpm, probably more, and i thought my heart was about to blow up... or something. Anyway, i called an ambulance, got picked up and checked out ( EKG / blood test) and everything was fine - just told to keep eating and drinking to get the stuff out of my system.
    Since then, every time I've run/walked up stairs or something my pulse rate has gone up really high and my heart starts thumping again. It's pretty scary not going to lie.

Anyway, last night i picked up and smoked some proper stuff and the exact same thing happened again, but i got a little bit of chest pain (which i blame on the effects on the brain more than anything). I just lay there for 2 hours focusing on my breathing trying to bring it back down.

Now i'm scared to smoke at all for any similar effects, because it really takes the joy out of the high... And i never had this problem before i smoked the synthetic. I'm planning on going to the doctor to get checked out if exercise keeps picking it up, but otherwise just not going to smoke for a while.

So yeah, i don't have any advice for you sorry. Just saying i'm currently going through the exact same thing.

3. Its no big deal, it just means your gay.

4. I'm going through similar stuff guys cept I'm not currently smoking. I'm actually having what I believe are withdrawal symptoms from an anti anxiety med I was taking for over a month. I get a racing and pounding heart throughout the day. I just brush it off though bcuz I know it's just withdrawal anxiety.

Op, sounds like probably just anxiety even though you don't think it is. Not sure about the 2nd guy bcuz I don't know anything about synthetic weed.

5. Yea I thought about anxiety too, I heard about panic attacks that can happen when stoned, but I never experienced anything like that, not even when we were cought by cops or something like that.

I think I'll quit for a month or two and then try smoking it again.