Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throwing up?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stealthslaya77, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Hey guys so my friends and I just lit up after school and my freind says when he coughs alot he usually ends up puking a little bit and he asked me how to solve this and i figured i would turn to you guys for help.... Hes pretty new to smoking, probably 5 times and i never had this problem so i cant really help.

2. I have a friend who does this also, and he's been smoking for longer than I have (over a decade). He says it's a gag reflex and can't do anything about it. He smokes smaller bowls, but more of them. Hope this helps.

3. He's just got to control his coughing. Tell him to take smaller hits until he figures out what he is comfortable with.

It can be tough to judge how much smoke is coming when you're new to smoking.

I used to puke sometimes when I smoked. I still do occasionally when I get a really ferocious (or stale) bong rip.

4. I've puked a few times. Usually it's too big a hit that goes into my stomach by accident. Take smaller hits so that he doesn't cough.

5. Yes definitely do smaller hits. When I first started I took monster rips and after I felt like throwing up. Also try smoking from a bong. Cool smoke is easier on you than super hot smoke from a pipe.

6. haha one time my friend woke me up with a 3 foot bong in his hand, i was like half awake and i took it from him and lit it. I milked the entire thing(3 ft of milk is too much for me to handle) and cleared it. Im sure it was the combination of alot of just waking up and alot of smoke, but i was so close to puking. i could feel it rising haha

7. He needs to learn how to stop being a bitch and take a hit.

In all seriousness, give him some water nearby that he can sip on to cool down the coughing. Also, tell him to take smaller hits. Less smoke will irritate the lungs and airways less.

8. i used to have that problem every now and then. for me i just smoked enough and big enough hits that it built up my tolerance and now i can smoke for hours.
    may not help him but it might be worth a shot.

try a bong. too.

9. This is likely the problem, a lot of new smokers swallow a little bit of the hit at the end. It can irritate the stomach enough to make you puke. You'll hear a little urp sound at the end of a hit if you swallow some smoke. best thing to do is drink a carbonated beverage to burp it out.

10. I puked after inhaling a cigar that my friend dumped out and rolled in a marley xl. The dumbest thing ive ever done. Ive never really had that problem, when I first started I smoked small amounts and gradually bilt up to where I am now.

11. i have actually done this a few times. once it was as my friends mom was walking in. i told her my sandwich was poisoned... and she believed me. i only throw up when i get scared. my friend had passed out and fell through his door. i thought he was dead. my friends try to scare me a lot so i throw up. i fucking hate my ass hole friends. they make fun of me and do all kinds of shit to freak me out until i flip a shit and throw up. its not like im a dick to them either. im nice to them and do them favors and stick up for them if they get made fun of. but anyways, just try to calm down. if you get dehydrated and drink water too fast it will also make you throw up. happens in football a lot. sip the water.

12. Dude, fuck your friends. Find osme new ones, no one should constantly have people killing your buzz.

13. If you are smoking blunts the the tobacco in them could be making your friend sick. I know i get sick when i smoke more than two ciggies in an hour same with smoking a blunt i get sick when i take too many hits off a blunt

14. It is a gag reflex thing. I do it sometimes...Even if I'm not smoking, but if I am real sick and coughing I will throw up a little. It's real annoying. You know how I fix it? take another hit and I forget about it.

Happy Toking.:smoke: