Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

throwing up when high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by oscurochu, Jan 16, 2010.

1. It's the smoke. I've never thrown up smoking weed, but I've seen some newbies do that, and I threw up the first time I smoked a real cigar. Just tell them to take more time between hits. I guarantee you if you made a tasty baked good there would be no throwing up, it's just smoke in general.

2. he took ONE hit and got sick. more time between each hit has nothing to do with this. When I get money to get a few grams, Ill bake something up and see how that goes. Ill post a recipe that actually tastes good once I figure one out (similar to firecrackers, but like I said, a recipe that tastes *good* lol)

3. i remember the first time i smoked out my friend he almost vomited. but im sure thats cuz it hit his gag reflex thing

4. it definitely happens a lot when you first start smoking, some people more than others, and other not at all. it's because you start hacking when coughing combined with the taste in your mouth. it's never happened to me, but i used to see it.

5. That sucks. I've never gotten sick from smoking, although I've been close a few times when trying to snap .8 bowls in the bong.

I'd suggest trying to get some high grade bud, as well as smoking through water if you aren't already. Try different methods of smoking and see what works for him.

6. the only times i ever even come close to puking while smoking/high is when i cough super hard to the point of gagging after a really big rip... so idk what his problem is. i dont think its an allergic thing cause one of my friends rarely smokes and she smoked a lot one night and developed hives all over her body. she went to the doctor and he said that shes allergic to thc

7. #27 §outhern§moke, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    It's happened to me fairly randomly too since I have been smoking. Say like 4 times total now so not too often. It's usually accompanied by a quick blackout, feels kinda like a panic attack. I've gotten checked out and diagnosed with anxiety disorder after the episodes started, still smoke often I'm just more wary about controlling my thoughts and breathing when I do.

8. Stop smoking dirt weed.

9. Smoke high quality cannabis out of clean glass, with a water chamber for good measure, and use beeline or another lighter alternative.

10. I've never thrown up, but sometimes I get this lump in my throat that feels like a cucumber is being pushed up my throat. It feels like I'm going to throw up, but I never do.

11. are you a guy or girl? cause you talk about your bf but then you say you had an ex and SHE threw up all over your bed.... o_O

12. My friend had this problem. It doesn't hurt to take smaller hits, or switch toking devices. Some people have a ridiculously intolerant gag relfex. My buddy got over it too, so it's not a massive cause for concern.:cool:

13. i figured it out. He was smoking with his friend sarah, who smokes crack. Him and sarah were smoking out of the same pipe she smokes crack out of. He didn't know she was smoking crack until today.

I don't even know what to say.

14. thats fucked up :eek:

15. I feel your pain! I throw up everytime if I smoke bud, cigs, or blacks, dosen't matter when,where, or how just happens and it pisses me off. The solution....vaporizers high as hell and not the slightest feeling of throwing up Good luck!:hello:

16. #36 oscurochu, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
    So this is where the conclusion comes from. Yes, it's VERY fucked up.

Him: "I need to talk to you when you get here."
    Me: "about what?"
    Him: "About drugs. I dont want you to be mad at me."
    Me: "Just spill it, it cant be that bad."
    Him: "I took like three hits of crack today, but I didnt know it was crack"
    Me: "How do you not know it's crack after the FIRST hit?"
    Him: "I knew it was after the first hit. I didnt really think about what I was doing until after I hit it a few times, and I was like, 'Sarah, what the fuck am I doing?'"
    Me: "How did you not know it was crack before you even smoked it?"
    Him: "I thought it was an almost cashed bowl. I hit it, and asked sarah what it was and she told me it was crack. I asked her, 'I thought you quit?' She replied, 'I did quit for a while, but now I'm smoking it again. Don't tell anybody, I don't want people knowing'"

Now we start talking about why he's getting sick, because its all making sense to me now:
    Me: : "Have you ever thought the weed's been laced? You were smoking it with sarah, after all. I don't know her that well, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me. You're probably getting sick because it's laced"
    Him: "I get sick every time I smoke though"
    Me: "Have you ever gotten sick from smoking pot before you met me?"
    Him: "No"
    Me: "Ok then. The reason you're getting sick is because it's laced."
    Him: "I got sick the day I smoked with you though."
    Me: "You smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes that day. Thats why you got sick"
    Him: "but I get sick every time I smoke"
    Me: "And every time you smoke, you smoke with sarah."
    Him: "Oh fuck... damn im fucking stupid. I should have known, cause her brother smokes crack and we always get the weed from him. I'm never smoking weed with sarah again."

Another thing thats fucked up about it is my bf has smoked crack in his past. I didnt look at his past until now. Now every time he's with his friends, Im going to wonder what he's doing, and if he's telling me the truth. I've known way too many crack heads, and they all pretty much work the same: they lie. He knows how I feel about that shit. Therefore he might be more tempted to go to his friend's house to smoke crack, and lie about it where he is and what he's doing.

I don't see him very often, because I work at night and he's 16, goes to school in the day and still lives with his dad. This is my problem to deal with now. I just needed to rant a little.

17. i may have a solution, ive thrown up before its either from swallowing smoke or taking too big of a hit. some people cough hard after a big hit and there are those that cough so hard thet gag..good luck

18. damn i didnt see that post, crack? jesus..

19. 16 year old cracksmoker? And your above the age of eighteen (or at the age of) and your dating him?

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

20. Harsh, yo. You don't sound too pleased to hear this. Now that we've deduced that much I hope you can get things straightened out. Good luck.