Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throwing up from weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SourDiesel94, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Hey guys. I just smoked a bowl. And after a really harsh hit. I coughed twice then threw up. This also happened about a week ago. But ive smoked since then?
    What am i doing wrong?

2. What did you eat before you smoked?

I've only known people to get sick from weed when they have eaten more than 3g in one sitting.

3. Nothing man that just means you took a good hit....Toke up son!

4. Some people have a hard time with huge hits, I've only seen someone puke twice but I've heard about it happening with bongs and people underestimating the size of the hit in the chamber. I don't think its anything to worry about though, maybe try taking smaller hits or doing something that would make them less harsh?

I smoked with one of my friends a year or so back and we were using a little spoon... I offered the first hit and she told me to spark it up, so I did and when I passed it to her she pretty much deep throated the fucking then and then vomited in my pool. Awesome. I guess she didn't know how to use a pipe...

5. puked probably 10+ times from getting too high. never from a really harsh hit, but like 10 minutes after, when the high peaks. with harsh hits all you can do is try to be more careful and take smaller hits, also having something to drink while you smoke is helpful.

there's nothing wrong with throwing up from too big of a hit. a lot of people will do that at some point in their life.

6. Sometimes when you take a huge rip it is so expansive, it makes you swallow in a weird way, which sometimes makes you puke. I've also seen people puke because of the straight up harshness in the throat. Could just be a defensive response in attempts to ease the discomfort, as if something were lodged in your throat. My guesses.

7. Ok thanks guys. I finished another bowl after that and i was fine.

8. Happens to me when I smoke I don't throw up I just have a really bad coughing fit after a few hits.

9. People puking from being too high, and on top of that, after only one bowl? Theee fuck?

10. Take smaller hits, nothing further.

11. There's a few reasons I can think of from past experiences and seeing it happen to people.

- If the hit was too harsh (stale smoke left in the bong, poor herb)
    - If the hit was too big for you to handle (WAY larger than what you normally do)
    - You got too high
    - Bong was dirty
    - You were coughing too much. Yes you can throw up if you're coughing up a lung. Not saying you always will but if you cough a lot/hard enough you can.

Take it easy OP. I suggest you go through your session more slowly. Take a bowl, wait a bit, take a small bowl, wait, another wait. I also find this to conserve more bud because once you're happy with how you're feeling, you will be less inclined to smoke more than you want.

:smoking:
    Scoob

12. I've only puked twice while smoking and it was because I was already sick and coughing too much... Both times I thew up the perfect amount to fit in my hand, completely disgusting but convienant..

13. I have thrown up from weed either because I got really dizzy or my stomach hurt. Either way, it wasn't fun.

14. sounds like somebody has a weak stomach.

just dont take as big a hit.

:bongin:

15. Yes, it's possible to get too high. In fact it's uncomfortable as fuck

16. I've done it once but I was sick at the time as well so the world may never know haha

17. Drinking booze before smoking always makes me puke. Always.

18. I think it could be the smoke expanding in your lungs and your coughing yet gasping for air? So you throw up to expel smoke? I dont know im high and throwing a dart in the dark. Happened to me just yesterday though.

19. Once after greening out I puked after a milky bong rip. Puke and smoke coming out at once.... Never forget it... I had just ate a huge meal too. Lmao that's probably why.

20. You're coughing too hard. I remember me and my best friend were smoking after eating a big meal at a drive in. He coughed twice really hard, and just chucked EVERYWHERE.

Try to suck some air in through the side of your cheeks when you take your hit, it'll make it a little less harsh.