Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throwing up from smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 419couldntwait, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Anybody ever throw up from smoking? I'm the type of person that throws up a lot of the time, but not usually from smoking.

I've thrown up two times from smoking. The first time, I was a new smoker and I wasn't paying attention to how much smoke was in the bong I was hitting and ended up yellow walling the bong. Haha, I threw up instantly.

Second time, I was smoking for the first time after a 3 month break from smoking, due to drug tests, and I just smoked too much dank and couldn't help it.

2. yup I hate it. I also throw up if I smoke before eating anything at all. so no wake and bake for me =[

3. Is it after u smoke a lot??

4. I've never thrown up from smoking, drinking is a different story. But my buddy threw up once all over my basement like the first week we started smoking. It sucked haha

5. I have come close a couple of times from the sheer size of the hits I sometimes take. Gravity bong can choke that ass.

I have a friend however that smokes cigs and we tell him all the time that he is dieing(he sounds like it!) and he has thrown up multiple times in the time that I have known him off of small hits on pipes, it just has to hit him right I suppose.

6. well what it is is Coughing. you cough too much and eventually you will puke.

7. Usually when I puke after smoking it means I ate too much. Weed brings that old "Eyes bigger than your stomach." cliche to horrifyingly real levels.

8. Wait wait wait... U didn't throw up on the bong did u?

9. I've came close when smoking too fast and holding hits too long, but I've never actually thrown up.

10. 4 times that I can remember, but all because I took too big of hits, not because I got green sick. Although I have been green sick, just never actually threw up from it.

11. i only threw up once from smoking and i was drunk as shit at the time. my belly was filled with booze and shit and once the smoke entered my lungs it was game over.

12. Sometimes I gag from coughing so hard, but nothing has ever come up. My best friend does every single time.

13. No, I caught it with my hand.

14. #14 arblahblah, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh ok thank god :)

15. Usually, "greening out," in my experience is from either low blood sugar/pressure, sheer smoke inhalation, swallowing smoke, or coughing.

Ingesting massive quantities of food will do it too, regardless lol.

16. I got some crazy outdoor shit from my guy once, it made me and my friend twitch sometimes too after just smoking. Smoked a whole bowl out of my chillum once, would inhale the little bit of smoke inbetween hits and hold it for 5+ seconds, Right after I felt like I was going to throw up. Ended up throwing up some water. Felt perfectly fine after and even smoked another bowl of superdanks after :)

17. one time i had a really bad cough and irritated lungs and throat. the weed was pretty damn dry and just not great, so, when i took my first hit, i was literally bent over hacking and spitting like shit and felt like i was gonna throw up, BUT, i never did. :)

18. I've thrown up once from a bong hit and gagged bile/ dry heaved several + times from bong hits.

Most of the time is because I over burned the meds and the smoke is just nasty and harsh.

But I just got an Herb Iron so maybe those days are over?? :)

19. In my case, it's mostly the blood sugar and pressure, whenever I don't eat and smoke a LOT, I will sometimes just black out and fall over where ever I am. gotten a few scars from that happening lol

20. its because you swallowed the smoke when you take a hit